M's - whats in a name

little leaf

Avid Member
well, I have to decide on a name for the little tongueless guy - his former name was " licki " but with no tongue, that name is just not gonna work :eek:
it was not planed this way- but ALL the male panthers names start with M - Max, Moe, Malcolm.... so I decided to name this little guy MASON :)
he is still really thin, more active, and starting to show some pretty colors , not he gray/brown he has mostly been - he is still in the "hospital cage" and will stay there for a while longer, but seems to be doing well :D

Attachments

• Mayson.jpg
    Mayson.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 128
Last edited:
Nice chameleon you have there and i admire your patience, i know how much work we have to dedicate to this animals, and it makes it a little harder to take care of one without a tounge, good luck

Sana

I like the name Mason. It's good hear that he is improving. What are you feeding him?

I like the name Mason. It's good hear that he is improving. What are you feeding him?

Thanks , I like the name too- :)
I am giving him a mix of Critical care that I tube into him, and still working on getting him to eat roaches, but its like he has some type of muscle damage in his throat ? he is very willing to eat, once you get it in his mouth- but then he just can not get it to go down- he had a roach stuck for like 2 hrs- it just sat in the back of his throat - I finally opened his mouth again and pushed it the rest of the way down - but my vet is in China for the next 3 weeks :( I am taking the roaches and ( no laughing - lol ) and cut off the head, legs and pinch up the body so the fluid can get out - because he is not chewing them - I want to be sure to break the skin so he can digest it ok - or is this not necessary ? I am kinda on my own for the next 3 weeks :eek:

Without tongues it's hard to move stuff as far down as it needs to go before the throat can take over. I saw it all the time with my veiled Charlotte, who also had no tongue. But he will learn, it just takes time to get used to living without something you've always had!

I like the name! I'm a big fan of M names myself, both my dogs' names start with M (Mina & Milou) and a lot of my favorite names start with Ms.

Without tongues it's hard to move stuff as far down as it needs to go before the throat can take over. I saw it all the time with my veiled Charlotte, who also had no tongue. But he will learn, it just takes time to get used to living without something you've always had!

I like the name! I'm a big fan of M names myself, both my dogs' names start with M (Mina & Milou) and a lot of my favorite names start with Ms.

thanks Olimpia :) if you ( or anyone else :) ) has any pointers, please feel free - this is such a sweet little guy, and I will do what ever it takes to make him a happy boy :)

How about 'Mooch' or 'Munch'? I name mine to tv shows. Each species or clutch gets its own show, to help me associate and remember names. Really helps when journal keeping or feeding.

Back
Top Bottom