My cage is to hot!

PlatinumPlopper

So my rooms is the hottest room in the house its like 80 degrees. So my cage is getting hotter with the heat lamp... Is it a must to have a heat lamp? Because i have 3 light's that give off 1k lumens from Home Depot for the plants. Also do you think they's lights will end up hurting the chams eye's? Can i turn off the heat lamp on hot day's and on on cold day's?
f0ogwg.jpg

I belive I've already said I dont like the water at the bottom so ill leave that one alone ;) but as long as his UVB light is in the heat light Is only to control heat. If his temps are right without it then yes turn it off. And no I dont believe any plant light will hurt the chams eyes.. do u notice him keepng his eyes.closed?

I belive I've already said I dont like the water at the bottom so ill leave that one alone ;)

I was just about to post about how much I liked it! Pretty way to avoid drainage issues in a glass viv! What is the reason you would avoid it? Stagnation etc?

Ponds and water falls ETC are breeding grounds for bacteria. This is why people don't use them for chameleons despite how visually appealing they are.

By looking at your tank and the pond I was hoping to get you to fill out the how to ask for help list and post it here. The reason I ask is not so we can bash your setup, but to see if there is anything else that might need to be corrected to avoid possible future health issues to your Chameleon.

a pond?..... and you have a glass cage biggg NO NO spending the extra couple dollars and get the right cage....it will not be so hot

a pond?..... and you have a glass cage biggg NO NO spending the extra couple dollars and get the right cage....it will not be so hot

Hey do a little more research before you set out such a confident statement.. there's nothing wrong with glass at all. It's more expensive and more difficult to drain but in some parts of our world its almost necessary to use one to keep the temps and humidity up.

I do agree with no pond though.

And in this situation screen may work better if he's having an over heating problem.. but that's up to him

Ponds are bad for multiple reasons, the bacteria that easily is in there, as above said it's a breeding ground for it, chameleons can drown, and unless you're going to clean it out every single day it's not good. Chameleons don't recognize still water, so they won't drink it. Even if they do the bacteria is bad for them and can give them an infection.

I use a temperature controller with a probe to keep my cage at a set temp. It auto turns lights on/off accordingly, so even when the weather gets hot - the cage doesn't.

Back
Top Bottom