My cham died last week looking to get a new one i just dont know what breed

Why did your chameleon pass away? I would look at this first. Depending on the cause you may have additional cleaning or even upgrades to the enclosure you have that need to be done before introducing another chameleon to it.
You said you were considering a Panther cham but they cost a lot... The housing alone for a chameleon is going to far exceed the price of a panther chameleon. Most set ups are going to take at minimum 1k.

Last edited:
Why did your chameleon pass away? I would look at this first. Depending on the cause you may have additional cleaning or even upgrades to the enclosure you have that needs to be done before introducing another chameleon to it.
You said you were considering a Panther cham but they cost a lot... The housing alone for a chameleon is going to far exceed the price of a panther chameleon. Most set ups are going to take at minimum 1k.
Just for an Arcadia uvb strip, a jungle dawn plant light, a mistking mister you’re already at like 500 bucks with no cage easy, 600 is more like it.

Plants probably at least 100 on top of that.

The cage itself you can get a cheap one for like 120 bucks like a reptibteeze - but they can cost up to like 500 for a decent 2x2x4

Vet costs can be expensive. 60 bucks a fecal test, 200 for a visit with no bloodwork.

Last edited:
Why did your chameleon pass away? I would look at this first. Depending on the cause you may have additional cleaning or even upgrades to the enclosure you have that need to be done before introducing another chameleon to it.
Im not sure how she died but she was 6 years old. Most of the things for the set up I already have just not plants, and a plant light.

Last edited:
Just for an Arcadia uvb strip, a jungle dawn plant light, a mistking mister you’re already at like 500 bucks with no cage easy, 600 is more like it.

Plants probably at least 100 on top of that.

The cage itself you can get a cheap one for like 120 bucks like a reptibteeze - but they can cost up to like 500 for a decent 2x2x4

Vet costs can be expensive. 60 bucks a fecal test, 200 for a visit with no bloodwork
I have a cage that is the right size also I have mistking and a light I forgot the name it was like t5 something. With the info Im giving Im probably not helping sorry

Im not sure how she died but she was 6 years old. Most of the things for the set up I already have just not plants, and a plant light.
So more then likely it was due to old age if she was 6years old. But you want to thoroughly clean the cage she was in regardless. The cage would need to be a 24x24x48 to be large enough for a panther. All branches you want to replace completely and you want new live plants. An LED plant light like a Jungle dawn will run roughly $75. If you have not replaced your T5 UVB bulb this needs to be done every 9-12 months depending on the brand you buy. I would read through this husbandry program. A lot has been updated in the last 5 years for recommendations. https://chameleonacademy.com/chameleon-husbandry-program-getting-started-with-chameleons/

And I can not stress this enough. Where you buy your chameleon from matters. There is a reason why the most common breeders have the prices they do. They have the reputations backed up from years and years of breeding healthy chams. So you are buying their reputation and a healthy cham. There are many places you can buy from that have "cheap" chams. But that is exactly what you buy and you risk them coming to you with health issues. Health issues can be anything from MBD, Parasites, to respiratory infections. All of these cost when it comes to getting treatment and cleaning.

So more then likely it was due to old age if she was 6years old. But you want to thoroughly clean the cage she was in regardless. The cage would need to be a 24x24x48 to be large enough for a panther. All branches you want to replace completely and you want new live plants. An LED plant light like a Jungle dawn will run roughly $75. If you have not replaced your T5 UVB bulb this needs to be done every 9-12 months depending on the brand you buy. I would read through this husbandry program. A lot has been updated in the last 5 years for recommendations. https://chameleonacademy.com/chameleon-husbandry-program-getting-started-with-chameleons/

And I can not stress this enough. Where you buy your chameleon from matters. There is a reason why the most common breeders have the prices they do. They have the reputations backed up from years and years of breeding healthy chams. So you are buying their reputation and a healthy cham. There are many places you can buy from that have "cheap" chams. But that is exactly what you buy and you risk them coming to you with health issues. Health issues can be anything from MBD, Parasites, to respiratory infections. All of these cost when it comes to getting treatment and cleaning.
Alright I'm going to start ordering things thank you. I will have to find a good breeder because of right now I don't know any

Back
Top Bottom