my cham.is acting weird:-(

antoinettelemos

Hi everyone im.new so dont no how to fill out forms ect.bur need advice. .I got. My male . panther cham hes 11 months old now hes always been healthy active ect.he has a xl screen cage with uvb reptisun 5.0 with 100w basking and 60w house bulb just in case live plants dripper mister..ive had him since 3 months never sick until I left for 12 days and had a breeder guy watch him hes a good breeder as far as I know he takes care of all.his chams.bambam left me to.his house healthy. .he said je was n a smaller.cage and only used a mister amd he didnt wanna eat..as far as I know bambam only drink put his dripper..so he got.bk.hm and he jus not himself he doesnt look unhealthy or dehydrated he jus not as active now hes eatin amd drinkin though. .but haven't seen him.poo for 4 days.now..amd hes closing one eye irs not shut closed not swollen or sickly lookin if I move.him.he opens it right up. .all my setup has been same its jus wen he came.bk to me hw not pooin ive done showers and probiotic he jus came.bk walkin low to ground jus weird..like he was scared of something after a few days he started gettin more color back and movin more like he recognized have e was home dunno of.cham can get homesick..but im.worried bout his eye tht doesnt look infected ect and no.poo any help? I was hoping he was jus.pissed he was away. Lol o yeah. And hes strong still no sign of weakness

Last edited:
Hi, and welcome to the forums! :) It sounds to me like there was a bit of stress from being moved around a lot over the last few weeks. I'd suggest what people should do with any new addition. Give some privacy and monitor from a distance for a week. Keep an eye on things to make sure the eye problem doesn't get worse, and things should get back to normal in a few days. It may not be an issue if he hasn't gone in a few days, because it is likely that he wasn't eating as much during his adventure. Keep an eye on things and hopefully they will get back to normal in a few days. Good luck! ;)

Hi, and welcome to the forums! :) It sounds to me like there was a bit of stress from being moved around a lot over the last few weeks. I'd suggest what people should do with any new addition. Give some privacy and monitor from a distance for a week. Keep an eye on things to make sure the eye problem doesn't get worse, and things should get back to normal in a few days. It may not be an issue if he hasn't gone in a few days, because it is likely that he wasn't eating as much during his adventure. Keep an eye on things and hopefully they will get back to normal in a few days. Good luck! ;)

I agree with Decadancin, if you've noticed him eat since he got home then you should see a poop soon :)

Ty so maybe I shouldnt give him shower right now?and I keep pickin him up to make him move lol guess ill stop doin tht..just worried hes been home for almost a werk now when he came to me he was dark now his colors r back..so Im hopin he was just stressed to the point he will bounce bk..hes startin to come out his cage on his own..ill b happy when I see some poo.lol wish I could add pix but dint know how

So update..bambam finally pooed looked kinda orange a nd white so im guessin he didnt drink much when he was away..hes been movin around more but tht one eye still cloding but still looks the same as in normal he just closes it sometimes..and I notice hes goin thru a shed so msybe is why hes not as active ?

definitely sounds like a bunch of factors. He should settle back in fine. I would maybe mist a little extra for a week to make sure there is plenty drinking opportunity.

Back
Top Bottom