My DIY 24x48

Samsonsfrogs

Established Member
So here is my 24x48 screen cage I built for Thumper. Currently he is in a reptibreeze 16x30 witch I am starting to feel like he is growing out of.My wife was freaking out on how big it was, lol I also didn't relize how big it was going to be! Anyways I plan on building one more along with a custom stand within the next few months so I'll post pics of those when they happen.

This is the cage built (not screened).

4ca6ec99-d869-5440.jpg

4ca6ec99-d8c5-ec7c.jpg

The supplies I used :

4ca6ec99-d8e3-d3e5.jpg

4ca6ec99-d8f1-0124.jpg

Turned out ok....it was fun to build! Here are some pics of Thumper in his 16x30

4ca6ec99-d968-9c1b.jpg

4ca6ec99-d97d-b49d.jpg

4ca6ec99-d9a6-3b4f.jpg

So I stayed up to like 2 am last night screening the cage and man......did that take for ever! I know how to screen, but with the frame being so flimsy, every time you finish a piece you need to check you didn't bow the sides. Anyways it's almost finished. I got the screen so tight on the door that it won't close properly. Gotta rescreen it not so tight. I'll post pics when it's all finished.:)

This post is a good example why for most people it's better to buy a cage. If you have reptile shows in your area you can usually get a 2x2x4 cage for $80-$90. Most of us don't have screening experience and as you can probably tell us screening with aluminum screen can be quite the challenge. The mark-up on screen cages seems to be one of the most reasonable things we have to buy for our chams. Now if you have the skill set and time it can make sense.

Back
Top Bottom