My first Chameleon! Help

Issywood

Hi, I have just received my new Chameleon for Christmas, I have known about it for only a week bit have done some research. So I have just set up the viv and there is only one bulb. The shop owner said it's two in one, but I'm not sure if it is good enough. I'll attach photos, so any help is great. And is the bulb okay for now, until I can save up and get another?
20161226_122945.jpg
20161226_122847.jpg
20161226_122838.jpg

Get rid of the bark and fake plants, add live plants and more vertical and horizontal climbing areas. The wattage of your bulb seems very high, so you really need to keep an eye on your temps. I can't tell if the green cup/bowl is for feeding or has water, but it it has standing water, get rid of that as well.

Thanks, the Green bowl is for food. I am planning on getting real plants tomorrow. What should I do about the bulb? I have made it so the cham can't go near it, as you can see the top of viv is solid, so I can't move it :/ help

Your cham will need all the space it can get in the cage and ventilation. I suggest to remove the top of the cage completely and replace it with wire screen. You can put the light right on top of the screen as long as it is metal (Unmeltable) and it will be much easier than drilling a hole in the top or something like that.

Back
Top Bottom