My panthers eye

4everscaled

So last week I took my chameleon to the vet because one of his turrets was a bit swollen and he was holding the other eye closed. I was able to get in that day and got the optimologists to see him free of charge. They noticed a scratch on his eye and gave me antibiotic eye drops to try and prevent any infection that might set in during healing. I was to add one drop in each eye three times a day for 5 days. Well things seemed to be getting better until Christmas eve when I saw a small fleshy bulge pop up after a few seconds and then he will immediately close his eye. Now the eye has begun to sink in like he is dehydrated but the other has remained full and alert. It was suggested that he might need more vitamin a and the only thing the pet store had and the owner recommended(snake breeder) was turtle eye drops with vit A in it. I started using yesterday with 1 drop in the eye a day. please help I really am worried that it might be a nasolacrimal duct blockage. He also decided to start shedding yesterday
Hulk Eye.JPEG
Hulk cage.JPG

Species panther chameleon
Lighting Basking spot light at 85-90 degrees, 10.0 linear t8 uvb and 5300 bulb
Water Mistking with 4 short intervals of misting, dripper
Cage 4ft x 26 inches x 28 inches half screen
supplements herpevit every feeding except the 3rd then mineral with d3

You said..."supplements herpevit every feeding except the 3rd then mineral with d3"...herptivite should only be twice a month. A phosphorus-free calcium powder should be used at almost every feeding and a phosphorus-free calcium/D3powder twice a month. Quite a few people with panther chameleons use reptivite every so often instead of the herptivite because it has prEformed vitamin A in it.

Back
Top Bottom