my veiled refuses any type of calcium

amaeleo0821

I'm having such a hard time getting Amaeleo my veiled to eat his calcium dusted crickets and. He grabs the food willingly but as soon as he starts to munch and he tastes the dust he spits it out. I might get him to EAT a dusted cricket completely...maybe once a month. And now we brought home a female veiled we purchased yesterday at a reptile show and I don't want the same problem...is there something I can feed my crickets to eat that will give my veileds the calcium they need???

Phoenix worms!!! They have an amazing calcium to phosphorous ratio!

They generally don't need dusting in my experience and are readily accepted.

Ps, Welcome to the Chameleon Forums! I'm Dan! Feel free to ask for help anytime! I'm generally on here everyday and am always willing to help out!

Welcome!

Also, What type of calcium powder do you use?

I would Heavily recommend using Repashy's Calcium Plus. all my reptiles, even the picky eaters love this dust, its a vitamin, calcium all in one powder that is balanced so that through daily use, you get the monthly requirements.

Hello Dan and thank u so much for the advice I will try them. I started with zoo meds reptivite calcium plus vitamins but Amaeleo hated the taste. So at Steel City reptile show I talked to abreeder and I purchased repashy calcium plus but again the same thing...I tried to sweet talk my cham I tried to trick him...nothing works lil..he's stubborn

Do the crickets look like little ghosts when you dust them? If so, you could try just a lighter dusting so he can't taste it so much. Just use enough to make them just a lighter shade of brown. Maybe if it's not so thick he won't mind as much.

why dont u try some of the insect foods like pro rep bug grub that will also help get some calcium into the bugs before you feed your cam.

Back
Top Bottom