My veiled wont stop climbing on mesh

dastone181

ok i got my baby veiled last Sunday and he would bask and stuff properly, now i havent seen him bask today at al, and he hasnt touched food at all today, hes acting extremely nervous around me(which he didnt do the first couple of days)..yesterday i only misted once and didnt get to feed him much cause i crashed at a friends house, i know it was irresponsible i shouldve called my parents and asked them to feed/mist the cham..i just realy hope i didnt cause this...im taking all opinions..oh and hes just walking along all the mesh, not the plants.

well i would consider it normal for you cham to crawl around his cage. the first day or so they are inside the cage they just adjusting. after that they will do some exploring and find out the boundaries. now the eating thing has me very nervous, a young cham should eat non stop all day. if i were you try to make as little contact with him as possible. he may be scared of you. so dump some supplemented crickets in the cage, mist, fill up his dripper and try not to go near him. 3-4 days should be good. try to mist 3 times, but dont hang out for to long.

I suppose he could still be adjusting. Sometimes if the cage does not have enough easy climbing options or dense enough hiding spots you will see some pacing around/on the screen alot of times. Not the smartest animals and they seemingly will keep walking about tell they find what they are looking for.

If you could post some pictures of the cage that might help if this where a situation where some adjustments need to be made. This could be playing a role on feedings as well.

Missing food/water is not a big deal. Later on you will have to adopt this approach to keep them lean.

well late yesterday he stopped hanging around on the mesh, went back to normal, and he seems o have ate all 11 crickets and 3 wax worms that were in the cup :), so im happy :D

Back
Top Bottom