New chameleon questions

Andrew27

Yesterday I bought a baby Jackson chameleon that is around 5-6 months old. He ate one cricket and drank a lot, and already pooped. He is totally green and he seems to be doing well. There are two problems: 1) he isnt eating much. I tried tong feeding, cup feeding, hand feeding, etc and he only ate one cricket yesterday. 2) he is going to the bottom of the enclosure more than I expected. His basking temp is 81 degrees and the bottom of the enclosure is 63 degrees. The middle is about 74-77 throughout the day. He sort of goes all over the place though, so I think he may just be exploring. As of now he looks very good. Thank you for the advice.

Sounds like he just needs some time to settle in and get used to his new environment. It's not unusual for a new chameleon to take up to a week to settle before eating so your new addition is doing very well!

@Lovereps, she is doing pretty good but isnt a great feeder, so I have a little trouble on that. She doesn't have parasites.

What bugs have you tried with her?
The Phoenix worms are often very tempting, since they're very wriggly.
Supers are fattier but seem irresistible to many chams.
Silkworms, hornworms, smaller dubias all are good, too.
My females are little pigs, who would eat until immense, so I'm surprised she is picky.

Back
Top Bottom