New enclosure for Bongos

Chameleondudes

After housing my young male Veiled in a 40 gallon breeder with a schefflera and some other plants/vines etc, I put together a 48"x18"x18" that he is much happier in! :)

I drew the plans for the cage myself and ended up making it in two days, after letting the sealant dry completely. I have a brand new Reptisun 5.0 UVB light and a 100W basking bulb for him as well. Here are some pics- I think I am going to be making a few more of these as it only cost me around $40!

Inside the cage I have a yucca, Schefflera arbicola, and some cleaned branches

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    12.4 KB · Views: 174
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    13.7 KB · Views: 175
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    12.8 KB · Views: 149
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    9.4 KB · Views: 191
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    12.7 KB · Views: 221
Looks awesome!! What kind of plant is that? Love the dark wood! I really like when enclosures look like a piece of furniture ;)

The large plant is a Yucca, with a smaller Schefflera Arbicola below it as well as a Golden Pothos. I am unsure if the Yucca will survive though with so much mist and water in the enclosure, so I have a large arbicola ready to take its spot if I see signs of it not doing so well!

Is one kind of wood sealant better than another?
I really like the sand blasted grapevine but it does get kind of ugly looking from constant misting, so I'd like to seal the next pieces I buy.
Also, think about a small abutilon. Admittedly, my cage is outside, but I remembered, after killing a schefflera, how much water my abutilons seemed to need, so I put one in Piko's cage. It's doing really well so far,,and is actually banging on the roof to get out! They're pretty too. If you buy one, get the one with the apricot coloured flowers, as they seem more 'leafy' than others.

Back
Top Bottom