New Enclosure need thought

Balizar

So I found and old rabbit house and bought it for 25 bucks. I think I can turn this in to a nice cage with a little bit of work. It is wood so I am in the process of urathane the heck out of it. It have a shingle roof that I will cut and modfiy got lights and water. pics below and ideas are appreciated.

Attachments

• front.jpg
    front.jpg
    220.5 KB · Views: 319
  • front with doors open.jpg
    front with doors open.jpg
    220.9 KB · Views: 243
  • back.jpg
    back.jpg
    215.2 KB · Views: 255
Its 66 inches wide 55 inches high and 32 inches deep. The cieling will go and screen will replace it. There is no flooring so drainage should be a little easy to deal with. Plus I can break it off in to 2 cages. I bought 2 of them for 50 bucks so I am really hoping I can at least use one.

I agree, I am interested to see what the final product looks like. I also think that replacing the wood with glass might be better to preserve heat and humidity, but I am no 100% sure.

I thought about that but then thought the polyurethane would hold it since it will make it water proof. I am cutting some wood out to add screens. Will keep posted.

Plexi would be a great idea especially for moisture. Def will work that in. I would like to try and keep some of the wood look, just like look. Plexi would be the way to go thanks.

Keep you posted in a few days

I have one last question, the wire cage on the sides will that hur his feet if he climbs it. It is soft but metal?

I have one last question, the wire cage on the sides will that hur his feet if he climbs it. It is soft but metal?

I am not 100% sure but if it is screen it doesn't hurt as mine climbs it all the time and they do that at the pet store to. Hope I helped!

So I found and old rabbit house and bought it for 25 bucks. I think I can turn this in to a nice cage with a little bit of work. It is wood so I am in the process of urathane the heck out of it. It have a shingle roof that I will cut and modfiy got lights and water. pics below and ideas are appreciated.

OH BOY!

That will make an amazing home !

:)

The wire may hurt your cham's feet. You could replace with pvc coated wire that's available at Tractor Supply or Lowes/Home Depot.

Are the sealings flat? What about flipping it upside down? That way you can use that lower level to put a drainage bin and the now top would be open for you to just add thy metal screen. So many different possibilitys.

Back
Top Bottom