New jackson female swaying from side to side

Lazvmk

I am new to owning chameleons I have had my fischer (female) for a couple months and yesterday I just received sub adult jackson male and female. They were shipped to my house and I don't think the female is doing very well. She is doing this swaying from side to side and very loose stool. She did eat some crickets today. Do you think it is that she is just in shock from "being shipped"? I'm open to all advice and suggestions. Thanks

I know my chameleon will sway from side to side if he is freaked out by seeing something he does not like. he will do it when he sees my lawnmower! He hates it!!! He almost gets wobbly and looks like he is gonna fall off the branch. He is a panther though, not a Jackson's.

Hi!

Are your chameleons all in separate cages? Violent swaying side to side can be a sign of extreme agitation. Being in a cage with another chameleon could cause that.

My female does it when the male is around. Does she also spot up and darken or may already be darkened before swaying. I believe this would be a form of unreceptive communication. Mine does it and she is not sick, but there could be some stress. Usually my male takes notice and will stop his approach.

if your male jackson and female jackson are in the same enclosure then its a sign of aggression. the runny stool may be from stress, give a few days and check for it again. make sure you have a good gutload and a good variation of food, trust me, the jacksons get real tired real quick of the same food over and over. if she is in a seperate tank and is swaying like that, im not sure. maybe it could be a sign of mbd but i dont know that for a fact... if you have any other questions about your jacksons you can PM me. - also i would recommend putting them all in their own enclosures, the less stress the longer your cham lives

Back
Top Bottom