New plants :)

Peppered

I found a few lovely plants recently for a really good price: a rather full pot of tradescantia, some type of colocasia, and a bucket with 3 sizable croton plants! I only have one in Pepper's cage, the other two I potted and left under my other grow lights. It's a bit of a tight squeeze 😅 but I am hoping to order a dragon strand cage sometime in the next few weeks, so more room to work with :)

I had to temporarily remove the money tree plant because Pepper was on a mission to eat/chew off every tiny, new branch that tried to come in 🤣 I would like to grow it taller and she was thwarting my efforts!

It feels a little bit bare in some spots still but I think it should be okay, what do you think?

Attachments

• 20240824_231530.jpg
    20240824_231530.jpg
    434.2 KB · Views: 6
  • 20240824_231555.jpg
    20240824_231555.jpg
    250.4 KB · Views: 5
  • 20240824_232021.jpg
    20240824_232021.jpg
    363.7 KB · Views: 6
  • 20240824_232101.jpg
    20240824_232101.jpg
    265.9 KB · Views: 6
Looks great and amazing you’re giving her a double Reptibreeze. They deserve the biggest possible enclosure 😎👌🏻 She looks already thankful 😍

One question, it looks like your uvb has a plastic cover in front? Is that correct or just the angle of the picture?

Looking great! Maybe add a pothos which as it grows, will fill in any bare spots. If you place the pothos in the lower half of the enclosure and have it grow up, the leaves will grow larger. Also, don’t forget to leave space for your sweet beauties lay bin. 💗

Looks great and amazing you’re giving her a double Reptibreeze. They deserve the biggest possible enclosure 😎👌🏻 She looks already thankful 😍

One question, it looks like your uvb has a plastic cover in front? Is that correct or just the angle of the picture?

I think it must be the angle of the picture, it doesn't have a plastic cover over the bulb :)

Looking great! Maybe add a pothos which as it grows, will fill in any bare spots. If you place the pothos in the lower half of the enclosure and have it grow up, the leaves will grow larger. Also, don’t forget to leave space for your sweet beauties lay bin. 💗

Oh I forgot to add in the first post, but I do have pothos in most of the pots at the bottom!
And thank you for reminding me, I forgot to put the lay bin back in!! I'll go put it back now 😅

I was just checking the cage again and I will have to either rearrange plants or change the bin to a different shape to fit, I was wondering if a round plant pot (plastic, solid black color) could work? It's 10 inches wide at the top and tapers down to about 6 inches wide at the bottom, and is 9 inches tall. Would that be too small? I can rearrange plants if it won't work, just didn't want to have to move Pepper around too much if I didn't have to :)

Back
Top Bottom