Newbie with pics of rescue.

FluffyDuff

Here is a link to some pic of Zeke, my new rescue. The guy who had didn't know what he was doing and didn't want to learn either. I am willing to learn. That is why I am here at this forum, to learn from the pros. All I know is he is a fischers. Not even sure if he is a he. Let me know what you think and what I am doing right.or wrong. I want him to be a happy cham.

https://picasaweb.google.com/102602394361208514123/Chameleon?authkey=Gv1sRgCPmpl9eV7vDk-QE

he is a beautiful cham contact seeco for proper lighting for him. they are mostly known as fischers but also the proper name two horned west usambara kenyoneian something chris likes to come in and show off so he will tell the scientific name for him. he is beautiful and his green is awesome. i know they like the cooler temps with higher humidity and i'd get for a basking bulb a 40 watt zoomed blue bulb for him. congrats on your rescue and contact seeco for the proper care sheet for this guy he also has some babies so you could possibly get him some future girlfriends.

Ask seeco!!!

Yup yup and a very healthy looking one too best of luck and dont forget to send seeco a pm for proper care and feeding info for your beautiful cham!!!

Nice looking male you have, you've a Kinyongia Multituberculata or for a full name a Two Horned West Usambara Chameleon but K. Multi for short ;) I've a male as well, looks like your set up is nice. These chams require high humidity and drink a lot so make sure you are misting periodically throughout the day and have a dripper.

Seeco is one of the few that successfully breeds these guys and I'm sure he'd be happy to help you.

Check out this article, it has your specific cham and other kinyongias'.
http://www.chameleonnews.com/05DecKroo.html

Wow, he is gorgeous! Please use all of the resources that this forum provides, everyone one here loves to help out and offer advice!!!!

Yeah I've got the temp at 75-78 but my humidity gauge isn't working it says 0. I even took it to the shower with me and nothing. So I gotta get a new one. I mist a lot. When I'm home I mist if the leaves on the pothos are almost dry. Sometimes I wonder if I mist too much. Sometimes Zeke will chill on a branch, close his eyes and enjoy when I mist other times he gets as far away as possible. I also switched to a different bulb. I threw the packaging away, both are repilsun I think but one was a big bulb and the other is smaller. I switched to the smaller. I.normally have my house at 68,but turned it up to 70 since.I got Zeke. Looking forward to learning all I can from everyone.

Yeah I've got the temp at 75-78 but my humidity gauge isn't working it says 0. I even took it to the shower with me and nothing. So I gotta get a new one. I mist a lot. When I'm home I mist if the leaves on the pothos are almost dry. Sometimes I wonder if I mist too much. Sometimes Zeke will chill on a branch, close his eyes and enjoy when I mist other times he gets as far away as possible. I also switched to a different bulb. I threw the packaging away, both are repilsun I think but one was a big bulb and the other is smaller. I switched to the smaller. I.normally have my house at 68,but turned it up to 70 since.I got Zeke. Looking forward to learning all I can from everyone.

He is really beautiful and so lucky to be rescued! Let the cage/house cool off at night. They can handle temps to 60 or lower at night, and if your house sits in the mid 60s during the day he'll just bask longer. Better to err on the cooler side. The lightbulb should have labeling on the ends of the tube. If it is a ReptiSun 5.0 you are good. Yes, until you get a handle on your humidity levels mist mist mist so he can drink all he wants. A longer misting session at lower intensity is best. Especially because he's new and came from a bad situation. Lots of thickly bushy plants in the cage. Be sparing with your supplement dusts. Fischeri are very sensitive to vitamins. They really love flying insects like bluebottle flies.

yeah chris anderson said that an adult gets 6-8large crickets each feeding mine gets 10 medium since he dont like large ones for somereason these guys are very active. u need a uvb bulb and a 40-80watt bulb for heat. the uvb bulbs cost about 18-22dollars depends on if u get the long tubes or the spiral ones. the other bulbs are like 2dollars for 4 they like temps 90-60 for day according to llreptiles caresheets. as someone said they drink alot. by far the over strange chameleon (in a good way) they have the longest tails for thier body size (like most kinyongia), obviously the horns, they are active, can eat a wide variety of bugs, and are generally hardy. only thing they lack is alot of colors usually but i have seen some with blacks,yellows,greens,blues, and small patches of white.

Back
Top Bottom