not looking good, needing any advice

infinitek

i’ve gotten my 2 year old veiled from a friend, she was perfectly healthy and fine when i first got her. i’ve added dripping, plants, and better lighting in for her.

at first, everything was fine. she moved around alot, ate normally, roamed, etc. however, in the last week i noticed her eyes were a bit sunken in and that she avoided food.

i thought she was going to have eggs, soon after though, she fell from her branch and onto the cage bottom. after, i thought it was a dehydration issue and began to syringe feed her water added with a worm after.

she continued getting weaker, only showing improvement a few times just to see it fade again. she doesn’t eat on her own, keeps falling from branches, and just has a bad grip in general.

as of now, i was positive she wouldn’t make it. she’s incredibly pale and limp, not able to hold much. she’s still breathing, hissing a couple times in a few minutes. i’ve been able to post her up in her cage for now, praying she’ll make it through tonight.

note: there are a mix of real and fake plants in her enclosure, all chameleon safe. she has 2 droppers that drip water all day, a fogger than runs nightly and daily (not 24/7)
75w heat bulb and normal day bulb, both are shut off and night and her cage is covered so she can sleep better

any advice will be taken, thank you all

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    158.7 KB · Views: 10
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    181.8 KB · Views: 9
i’ve gotten my 2 year old veiled from a friend, she was perfectly healthy and fine when i first got her. i’ve added dripping, plants, and better lighting in for her.

at first, everything was fine. she moved around alot, ate normally, roamed, etc. however, in the last week i noticed her eyes were a bit sunken in and that she avoided food.

i thought she was going to have eggs, soon after though, she fell from her branch and onto the cage bottom. after, i thought it was a dehydration issue and began to syringe feed her water added with a worm after.

she continued getting weaker, only showing improvement a few times just to see it fade again. she doesn’t eat on her own, keeps falling from branches, and just has a bad grip in general.

as of now, i was positive she wouldn’t make it. she’s incredibly pale and limp, not able to hold much. she’s still breathing, hissing a couple times in a few minutes. i’ve been able to post her up in her cage for now, praying she’ll make it through tonight.

note: there are a mix of real and fake plants in her enclosure, all chameleon safe. she has 2 droppers that drip water all day, a fogger than runs nightly and daily (not 24/7)
75w heat bulb and normal day bulb, both are shut off and night and her cage is covered so she can sleep better

any advice will be taken, thank you all
Oh I lm so sorry this is happening and I would say she is chock full of eggs, and declining with her eyes closed during the day. I’ve attached a vet list and would recommend getting to a vet asap as it’s very very likely she is egg bound
https://www.chameleonforums.com/attachments/chameleon-forums-vet-list-2024-u-s-a-pdf.353636/

She looks awfully plump. I’m wondering if maybe she is egg bound. Was she showing signs of laying? What lighting specifically are you using? What supplements? @MissSkittles what do you think?
it’s what i was thinking as from what i read i thought she was bound. after her first fall though she stopped showing a ton of signs. right now im using the zoo med repti basking spot lamp (75w) and an aqua culture daylight bulb. both stay on from morning till night. for supplements, im using zoo med repti calcium with d3

Oh I lm so sorry this is happening and I would say she is chock full of eggs, and declining with her eyes closed during the day. I’ve attached a vet list and would recommend getting to a vet asap as it’s very very likely she is egg bound
https://www.chameleonforums.com/attachments/chameleon-forums-vet-list-2024-u-s-a-pdf.353636/
i’m not doing well on money as of right now, do you think a vet could help her or is there a higher chance of her death? i’m completely willing to take her but i just need to know if it’s a last option

i’m not doing well on money as of right now, do you think a vet could help her or is there a higher chance of her death? i’m completely willing to take her but i just need to know if it’s a last option
Vets can preform a surgery to remove the eggs and spay her, but it can be very risky and expensive, up to a few thousand dollars. And unfortunately, if they don’t get removed then it’s usually fatal. As of right now, does she have a lay bin in her cage?

Vets can preform a surgery to remove the eggs and spay her, but it can be very risky and expensive, up to a few thousand dollars. And unfortunately, if they don’t get removed then it’s usually fatal. As of right now, does she have a lay bin in her cage?
i’ll have to try and come up with money but it is something i’ll try to look into. do you know how long she might have before it’s fatal? her signs have been showing around a week now. we did have a lay bin but after she stopped showing signs we removed it because she kept falling

i’ll have to try and come up with money but it is something i’ll try to look into. do you know how long she might have before it’s fatal? her signs have been showing around a week now. we did have a lay bin but after she stopped showing signs we removed it because she kept falling
I would recommend keeping the lay box in 24/7. It can really depend on how long they can last with how strong they are. I would just recommend trying to find an experienced reptile vet as soon as possible. The list I posted earlier has reptile vets that can help

I’m afraid your girl is not at all looking good and from the info you’ve given, it’s more than one issue. While she likely does have a belly loaded with eggs, she also has some mbd and potentially an overdose of vitamin D3. Plus, there’s an added risk for a respiratory infection. Your girl needs a vet immediately if she is to have any chance. I highly doubt she’ll be able to pass the eggs on her own at this point and she will need surgery. If you aren’t able to afford the care she needs, please make a humane decision and either surrender her to a rescue or at the very least, a humane euthanasia so she doesn’t suffer any more.

with tears, she’s passed away in my hands about 5 minutes ago. tonight will be a hard night, thank you all for helping me how you could.
I’m so sorry for your loss. Sometimes by the time you notice anything wrong they’re to far gone to save them.

with tears, she’s passed away in my hands about 5 minutes ago. tonight will be a hard night, thank you all for helping me how you could.
I’m so so sorry for your loss, she was a beautiful girl. Thank you for taking her in. Sending you all the love and hugs 🫂 💗

I’m very sorry that she’s passed. I pray she’s happily munching on yummy bugs in the beautiful Heaven she deserves.
If you wish to try again with another, please please let us help you to get everything set up and as perfect as possible before you get a chameleon to avoid any further heartbreak.

Back
Top Bottom