Not moving much

EVEJ88

Chucky is male chameleon approximately 1 year and 3 months old, he usually extremely active until yesterday and today that he has not moved at all! He sits all day, and sometimes rests his head on the branch.
He started shedding last month and finished couple of days later, but he's shedding again this month. He hasn't eaten much. Expect for couple of superworns my mom fed him.
Could this be a sign of sickness?

Attachments

• IMG_3851.JPG
    IMG_3851.JPG
    192.4 KB · Views: 101
  • IMG_3861.PNG
    IMG_3861.PNG
    2.3 MB · Views: 100
It could be, but it could also be he's full grown so he doesnt need as much food anymore and he has settled in his territory so he doesn't need to roam around as much anymore.

He looks healthy enough to me so i would just wait a week or so and keep an eye on him before taking him to a vet or panic.

If he starts sleeping during the day there's reason to worry, just being lazy is ok.

It could be, but it could also be he's full grown so he doesnt need as much food anymore and he has settled in his territory so he doesn't need to roam around as much anymore.

He looks healthy enough to me so i would just wait a week or so and keep an eye on him before taking him to a vet or panic.

If he starts sleeping during the day there's reason to worry, just being lazy is ok.

Yes, I was calling the vet today. I'll wait few more days. Thank you!

What are the cage temps? If the cage for some reason is more cool than usual, that could impact his energy level too.

I periodically check cage temps to make sure my basking light is staying hot enough. On occasion if the bulb is older and hasn't burnt out yet i notice they don't put as much heat out.

Just something to check! Good luck

Back
Top Bottom