Not well cham looking for advice b4 vet visit

jlif

Hey everyone, I have a vet appointment on the 15th, and am I'm looking for another vet in the area who can see us sooner. Meanwhile, I could use your advice.

Since last Saturday, 3 days ago my guy has seemed dehydrated, displaying his sleep colors (light blue and green) all day and night. He’s still active and eating/drinking, but his colors and behavior are off. I’m not sure what's happening.

His enclosure is a 24"x24"x48" Reptibreeze.

Hydration: 2-gallon drip bucket filled daily, MistKing mister mist on at 6-6:06am and 7-7:10pm, fogger on from 10pm-5am.

Lighting: basking area at 90°F, ambient temp at 86°F, the lower area of the enclosure is around 80-82 and nighttime temp at 76°F.

Located in Northern Nevada
Poop not lose normal not running or discolored
Enclosure located in the garage/repti room
I don’t often handle him. I think he hates it.

Any advice is welcome.

Attachments

• IMG_1304.jpeg
    IMG_1304.jpeg
    195 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_1262.jpeg
    IMG_1262.jpeg
    287.6 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_1260.jpeg
    IMG_1260.jpeg
    165.8 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_1234.jpeg
    IMG_1234.jpeg
    244.5 KB · Views: 10
So I’m not an expert especially with panthers, but I believe your temps are a tad bit high. What are your humidity levels and supplements? What is your UVB?

I have very little experience but you should only fog when the ambient temp is below 68 degrees. I would drop basking temp and only fog when temps are 68 or below. Panthers need more humidity than Veiled Chams. I run a cool mist humidifier 24/7 in my reptile room, near my Panther, to keep my humidity up. It also helps me get the ambient temp to 68 degrees at bedtime.

I'd agree that it seems your temps are high. 86 is basking temperature, and arguably so is 80-82. Even at your lowest ambient temps, your cham is probably just overly hot. When they get too hot, they lighten their colors so they don't absorb more heat. If he's otherwise fine, I'd say that's your likely culprit. And as mentioned above, if you're misting at those temps, you're creating a too-warm, too-humid environment that COULD be grounds for an RI. Now, if you're in Nevada, I assume it's super dry there - what are your humidity percentages?

Is there any way you can get your temps to drop into the low 70s?

I have installed small pc fans in the enclosure to improve air circulation. Living in northern Nevada, the humidity rarely stays above 50%, which poses another issue. Although he isn't showing signs of respiratory infection, he appears dehydrated, and I'm unsure why he isn't drinking from the dripper. Or if he is does he have a kidney problem. One I hope he survives till next week and recover there after

Ok so I would try and get the temps lower. I feel like this will help. As per the drinking, chams are shy drinkers and some keepers never see theirs drink. So he may be drinking and you aren’t seeing it. Are his urates white? This will help you judge hydration.

Back
Top Bottom