Now I'm really confused!

Brown

I originally bought a Caliber III Thermometer Hygrometer. In the cage it says 48% air-humidity. My mom not knowing bought me a Hygrometer so i decided ehh what the heck ill throw it in the cage too. She bought me the Exo Terra Digital Hygrometer with Probe. The problem is it's reading 25% which is extremely low. I have a live Hibiscus in the cage and Mistking that goes off 3 times a day for 1 minute. I live in New York so the humidity is 36% outside. :confused:

I originally bought a Caliber III Thermometer Hygrometer. In the cage it says 48% air-humidity. My mom not knowing bought me a Hygrometer so i decided ehh what the heck ill throw it in the cage too. She bought me the Exo Terra Digital Hygrometer with Probe. The problem is it's reading 25% which is extremely low. I have a live Hibiscus in the cage and Mistking that goes off 3 times a day for 1 minute. I live in New York so the humidity is 36% outside. :confused:

Is ur cage screen or glass? If its screen up ur mistking to 3 minutes 3 times a day. Add a dripper to go on all day and if that's not enough 30 bucks buys a cool mist room humidifier.

Well I have not used the hygrometers you are using so im not sure how accurate they are.
but you can cover three sides of your cage (if it is screen) with some painters plastic, pvc board, or a shower curtain cut to size. That will help with holding humidity

I just use a humidifier with the mist nozzle up againts the side of my
cage and use only distilled water in it.
My cheap hygrometers are pretty worthless but your Calliber is likely
much more accurate then the Exo Terra.

I invested in a pro calibrated hygrometer (a laser thermometer as well) and
it reads very close to the 2 or 3 Calliber's I have. So those are pretty accurate and reliable.

I hate to spend that much money, but I hate even more to have a ton of
thermometers and hygrometers laying around that all have a different reading!!! :confused: :eek:

well the only thing i have to add is a question did your get the probe wet at all ?
cause in my experience that exo terra one your talking about is an absoltue peice of garbage id return in post haste and fine something that isnt a complete peice of trash.. just my opinion though

well the only thing i have to add is a question did your get the probe wet at all ?
cause in my experience that exo terra one your talking about is an absoltue peice of garbage id return in post haste and fine something that isnt a complete peice of trash.. just my opinion though

thats exactly what I'm doing! lol

Back
Top Bottom