opinions please

ChromaChameleons

I have sent these photos around to a select few of chamforum members , as I am looking for opinions on whether this is a pure locale or crossed panther. Surprisingly , the majority of the respondents , believe this to be pure, but something about this fella suggests something other than a stereotypical Ambilobe.

I am now leaning toward a pure ambilobe , but the lineage having been picked from a peripheral location.

What Do You Think?????? Opinions please.....

Attachments

• SI_headshot.JPG
    SI_headshot.JPG
    53.2 KB · Views: 160
  • SI_male.JPG
    SI_male.JPG
    62.2 KB · Views: 190
Last edited:
the colours throw me off and that round casque is atypical of ambiobes with pointed casques towards the rear . It is a stout Panther as opposed to typical thin smaller Ambilobes also.

Has anyone else seen ambilobes with these attributes?

Last edited:
im no expert but the white on the back isn't real dominant in the ambilobe is it? ive seen a lot of tamatave with the white alont the spine like that. but who knows. he is still an awesome chameleon:D

He looks a bit like a cross I have. Which doesnt mean a thing. I've seen quite a bit of variation in what people say are pure ambilobe.
Harry if you have any doubt about its lineage, he's not worth risking introducing it to your breeding studs - sell him to me cheap. ;)

red bodied ambilobes seem to be here, and then gone. i just bought an amazing blue barred red bodied ambilobe. his blue barring is very thick. something suggests to me he is part nosy be.

but, however, i have seen numerous blue barred ambilobes with very thick barring as well. Pam had many thick blue barred ambilobes that were amazing. a lot of our sponsors have had, or even still have red bodied blue barred ambilobes.

i have seen a few RB BB ambilobes that actually had more blue than red! which lead me to think theyre just a cross.

Joe, his Mc Lovin' was a cross. He appeared to be a very respectable RB BB ambilobe. but apparently, Mc Lovin' was a cross.

i think ur animal is beautiful. and pure. does his blues lighten up at night when asleep? what about his reds?

a lot of ambilobes have some white on them.

Color-wise, if I were shown this guy and had to guess, I'd say red body blue bar Ambilobe. As for stature and casque, I'm weaker on distinguishing locales on those bases.

I would say Ambilobe x Nosy be. I think Vincent at Screameleons has some crosses that are Ambilobe x Nosy be that are similar but I am not positive. However, the white throws my guess off a little. Either way he is stunning and I want him!!!!!!!

What does it matter?

Is your question simply curiosity or is there a plan of action based on the opinion?

What does it matter?

Is your question simply curiosity or is there a plan of action based on the opinion?[/QUOTE

I would prefer to know as much about the lineage of my chams as possible. It was bred by a friend that obtained the parents from a breeder claiming the parents were pure ambilobe. Now that this male has grown out , I am not convinced of its purity.

To me, it does matter; to someone else it doesn't.

At this point in time, I have no desire to introduce crossed Panthers into my pure bloodlines.

Kinda like breeding cocker spaniels or poodles vs. cockapoos. I have no issue with mutts, as I have owned both purebred and mongrel dogs , but I would not seek out a breeder specifically crossing breeds to produce designer crosses. I may feel differently in the future, but for now , I expect that this cham will be sold as a pet Panther with no claim to locale.

For those that have made reference to the seemingly white along the spine, the photo is a bit deceiving , as it is actually a baby powder blue , not white.

The baby blue throws even more fuel on the fire....LOL

Back
Top Bottom