Optima Automated RO System that has just automated my Misting Water needs

SpartyTessy

I tell you I was getting so tired of always having to buy Distilled water from the store like every other day easily spending $30 a week in just water for my misting system(MistKing). There were even a couple days where I forgot to fill up the water resivour with water and then being stuck at work having my Fiance trying to pry the lid off of the bucket to fill it up with water. Not very fun. I knew I had to do something. Having 2 Adult Jacksons and now 10 babies I was going through about 2.5 gallons of distilled water a day :eek:

I tell you the second most important purchase besides my Mistking was this RO System I just got. It is the Purely H20 Optima Automated System. What it does is keep your Misting System resivour full of water and then automatically shuts off once it gets to a certain level. I have it hooked up to a hose outside since my cages are outside. You end up using about 4 gallons of water for every one gallon of filtered water but ends up being soooo much cheaper than having to buy the stuff at the store. No way am I going to sit there and boil water all day :D Now my Misting water needs are completely automated and use outside water from the hose :D

This thing really has saved me so much time and $$. Anyone with Chameleons that require a lot of mistings like Jacksons trust me once you get it you will wonder how you ever made it without it. Thank you Wykd for recommending this for me.

I tell you I was getting so tired of always having to buy Distilled water from the store like every other day easily spending $30 a week in just water for my misting system(MistKing). There were even a couple days where I forgot to fill up the water resivour with water and then being stuck at work having my Fiance trying to pry the lid off of the bucket to fill it up with water. Not very fun. I knew I had to do something. Having 2 Adult Jacksons and now 10 babies I was going through about 2.5 gallons of distilled water a day :eek:

I tell you the second most important purchase besides my Mistking was this RO System I just got. It is the Purely H20 Optima Automated System. What it does is keep your Misting System resivour full of water and then automatically shuts off once it gets to a certain level. I have it hooked up to a hose outside since my cages are outside. You end up using about 4 gallons of water for every one gallon of filtered water but ends up being soooo much cheaper than having to buy the stuff at the store. No way am I going to sit there and boil water all day :D Now my Misting water needs are completely automated and use outside water from the hose :D

This thing really has saved me so much time and $$. Anyone with Chameleons that require a lot of mistings like Jacksons trust me once you get it you will wonder how you ever made it without it. Thank you Wykd for recommending this for me.

Thank you for sharing such wonderful and useful piece of information. I didn't know you need special water for the mist systems.

Thank you for sharing such wonderful and useful piece of information. I didn't know you need special water for the mist systems.

FWIW, I run tap water though mine, but I live in an area with very low mineral levels in the water. Otherwise my nozzles would continually clog. Those orifices are TINY.

I tell you I was getting so tired of always having to buy Distilled water from the store like every other day easily spending $30 a week in just water for my misting system(MistKing).

I hear rainwater works really well for those in high rain areas like Hawaii. I collect rainwater in the rainy season here. The rest of the year I just use tap water.

I just use regular tap water that I treat with de-chlorinate and electrolyte supplement lol. Works great. My mistking is still running after numerous years.

If you are spending 30 dollars a week on water, then why not just use tap water and treat it? If a mistking is only 90 dollars even if you have to replace it every three years you already saved tons of money by not having to buy expensive distilled water.

The RO system link didn't work for me :(

It depends on your local water. High mineral content will clog the nozzles and can eventually damage the pump, and as the deposits build up in the pressure lines it harbors bacterial growth.

An RO filter is fantastic! I installed a small system as a side faucet in my kitchen. The entire house supply doesn't need to run through it, but water for my herps and birds can. Test your house water to see what's in it. An RO may or may not be the best solution. You can get small capacity systems pretty reasonably. Part of the cost will be replacing the filters and membranes though.

You end up using about 4 gallons of water for every one gallon of filtered water

Some systems now have a return pump option to reduce the "waste" water. You won't lose that entire 4 gallons...it gets returned to your main supply. I didn't describe this well, but check with the manufacturer about reducing the waste.

your using distilled water, dude we have one of the cleanest water out there. I use regular tap water with my chams and they are fine.

My tap water is too hard (has too high mineral content) so it would clog the MistKing nozzles and then they wouldn't mist and it could damage the pump. No one is saying tap water is bad for chameleons. But it's not best for misting systems if the mineral content is too high.

Thanks for the link! I will be using some type of RO system when I move.

Back
Top Bottom