Orville The Adventurer

MechHerp610

While I was in my Office, i left Orville's enclosure door open as I always do when i am home and not sleeping, and after i was finished with some work i was trying to get ahead on i noticed Orville was not in his enclosure. I was a wreck because my wife would kill me if she found out that our chameleon was loose. After an hour of serching my Office, i looked up and Orville was resting on his dripper! He must have climbed out of the enclosure and up the tube and on to the dripper. His antics are priceless sometimes. just thought i'd share.

There's not much worse than a "loose chameleon" scare!

The first time I cleaned Ender's enclosure, I had him sitting on his lilac plant on my bed while I handled the inside of his space. When I was done, I turned around to bring him back in and he was GONE. My girlfriend and I tore apart our whole bedroom looking for him, and even looked outside because my window was cracked open and he could've pushed himself through.

Finally, about an hour and a half later, heartbroken and upset, I looked up and he was on top of my curtain rod...

Ever since then, my girlfriend has had the job of STARING at him while I clean his space... :p Fun times, fun times :cool:

xephyr17,

Awesom story as well. i hear you on the loose chameleon scare statement. The things we do for the love of the hobby. thank s for sharing.

I have sat in front of a closed enclosure before for 30-60 minutes looking for a chameleon. Knowing he is is in there. Did he somehow get out? What's going on? They are the masters of camoflauge. I can only imagine trying to actually find a loose one. No way, no how. GPS tracker!:D

youngster

we had a youngster disappear. we searched hours and couldn't find him. on the second day Mallory my daughter found him in the wine bottles in our wine rack. movement caught her eye. the little bugger seemed happy . the wooden wine rack had become his new nitch

Back
Top Bottom