Overdose

moriahliveson

I have a flap neck don't know the age and I think my husband have get to much liquid calcium (no d3 in it) can they overdose on calcium and if so what
Happens and how long would it take for signs to show up

Weird that no one helped you out on this....?

I think it really depends on how much of an overdose and what kind of calcium you are giving and how it was given.

I know that most chameleons get their daily powder supplements dusted on all of their food so the doses they would be getting would vary depending on how many dusted bugs they eat that day.

I would be more concerned about it if you are doing liquid calcium injections and you should probably call a vet in that case.` Otherwise, I would not be too concerned and just go back to your regular schedule. I don't think a little spike of calcium will hurt too much.

I'm no expert though, not even close! Hopefully someone with more experience will see this and give you some advice. But it would help if there was more info given about what kind of liquid calcium and what kind of dose you usually give and what kind of dose was given in this instance...

Good luck and I hope everything is okay.

I have a flap neck don't know the age and I think my husband have get to much liquid calcium (no d3 in it) can they overdose on calcium and if so what
Happens and how long would it take for signs to show up

was this a one time thing, or did it go on for weeks?
If just once or twice, I wouldnt worry about it. Generally speaking, they can excreet excess.

You may find this article interesting:
http://www.chameleonnews.com/02MayDonoghue.html

Rip

The very told me to give her five drops of liquid calcium and I did almost instantly she started to show problems and 24 hours later she was gone I don't understand why and more the vet won't take my calls she was my little girl she will be very missed and I am looking for a new vet for my veiled

Back
Top Bottom