panther cham

longguyland

I have a 4 month old panther chameleon that has taken to being very dark most of the time. the only times hell lighten up are when he is eating drinking or when i handle him. It concerns me because darkness usually equals stress and unhappiness, he also hangs around the bottom of the cage more then he used to, i'm not sure what to make of this. Thanks

I have a 4 month old panther chameleon that has taken to being very dark most of the time. the only times hell lighten up are when he is eating drinking or when i handle him. It concerns me because darkness usually equals stress and unhappiness, he also hangs around the bottom of the cage more then he used to, i'm not sure what to make of this. Thanks

A little more info please. Find the sticky message at the top of this forum "How to ask for help" and post answers to the questions. Be specific as to brands of lighting, supplements, gutload, etc.

Overall darker color can also mean he's a bit cold.
What is he behavior while he's darker? Defensive, pissed, afraid and hiding?
Is he pawing at the lower part of the cage as if trying to get out?
Does he bask for a while and THEN go down to the cage bottom turning dark at that time?
Is he dark on the side closer to the heat or all over?
Does his color brighten up when he's asleep?
How about a picture?

Dark colors does not always indicate stress. Bright colors can equal stress or agitation also.

Back
Top Bottom