Panthers and others outdoors all year

I dont think there is any climate in the United States (if that is where you live) that can accomodate a chameleon living outdoors. If its not the heat, then it is the winter. I live in Florida and I do not have my chameleon outside all day due to the fact that is about 95 degrees every day! When it cools down, then yes, I am agoing to move him on my patio, but you have the winters also and the chams are not supposed to be outside in temps below 55 degrees or so. We had a wacky winter down here and it got into the 30's and 40's a bunch of times. All the wild iguanas were dying!

Depends on where you are. I live on Tampa Bay here, and I keep 3 chams out almost year round, bringing them in only when temps drop below 50. They are situated under the overhang of my roof next to the pool, against my screened lanai so they get airflow on all sides, and are hooked to a timed MistKing that goes off several times a day for several minutes at a time. TODAY was record hot, but there is always a breeze and I have been doing this for several years now. The guys that are out there are a CH Oustalet, a WC Nosy Be, and one of my CB Veileds from 08. There cages are thickly planted-the plants grow amazingly out there, and they only get direct sunlight in the afternoon. There is no way however that you could keep Montanes out there-so most of my chams do live inside in the air conditioning year round, going out to sit poolside when the weather allows. I do not even know how people in the nasty heat of central Florida or South Florida manage it.

Back
Top Bottom