Please Help! Cham Not Eating

Crystalchik

Hi Im new here! I purchased an adult wild caught Veiled Cham that hasnt been looking well recently.

About him: He is a male, wild caught, purchased from a broker, and well over a foot long. Ive had him for over 3 months now, hes been doing well! He's in a 4x2x2 ReptiBreeze screen enclosure with branches, faux plants, and moss. I spray him and enclosure at least 2 times daily if not more, and just recently bought him a humidifier. I have a "18 Inch T8 Zilla Slimline 25 UVB Tropical Fixture" light, and a day and night heat spot light. He eats crickets and recently a few superworms sparingly. I live in Florida, my house stays average between 81-83 degrees F.

What's unusual: the past 2 weeks he's been looking odd.. his eyes seem a little more recessed than usual, and he seems a bit thinner. He was thin when I got him, his ribs were visible at resting state, and the bones in his legs were and are still visible. But he seems a little thinner now and a bit less active. He has eaten well up until now. But now when he goes to eat, he enthusiastically moves after his prey but when he gets close he stops, or will jet his tongue out only about an inch at it, and then watch it leave. That has only been the past 1.5-2 weeks. His skin doesnt appear to be more dry than usual, he is still drinking well. And he doesnt look grey as if he was about to shed. His last shed was when I got him about 3 months ago, he was just finishing it.
This "different" state was very subtle and took me a few days to confirm something was different. In other words, he's not down at the bottom of his cage black and lethargic. He's still bright green and climbing, just not quite like his old self..

What do you think? Is there anything I can do for him? Thank you for your help in advance, I dont want to lose him. :(

Back
Top Bottom