Please Help

KikoTheCham

Hello everybody,
My cham Kiko is about 2.5 years old and has been a wonderful experience for me. Lately he has been acting quite odd. I went on a short trip and had my grandmother feed him (i taught her how). When I got back she said everything was good but he would only eat once a day. I thought i'd just wait and see if he would eat later. It's been about two weeks and i've only seen him eat six times. Im getting worried because all that he is doing is sleeping and sleeping and sleeping. Im offering all types of food and he is ignoring me. I was wondering if any of you guys knew what was going on or if this has happened to you.
Thanks for all your help, Zach

Well not eating regularly is not that concerning, but sleeping during the day is. You did not give us a whole lot of info here to go on. It would be beneficial for you to go to the health clinic and fill out the "ask for help" form.

Your Chameleon - Panther blue bar 2.5 years old
Handling - 5 min every day
Feeding - Hornworms,superworms,crickets.
Watering - Spray bottle for 5 min 3 times a day. he drinks out of the bottle
Fecal Description - Brown with little white droppings once every 3/4 days no parasites.
Cage Type - Screen cage 3x4.5
Temperature - 90 in basking
Humidity - 70%

Your Chameleon - Panther blue bar 2.5 years old
Handling - 5 min every day
Feeding - Hornworms,superworms,crickets.
Watering - Spray bottle for 5 min 3 times a day. he drinks out of the bottle
Fecal Description - Brown with little white droppings once every 3/4 days no parasites.
Cage Type - Screen cage 3x4.5
Temperature - 90 in basking
Humidity - 70%

What brands of lighting are you using? Be specific. Also, how old is your UVB lightbulb? If older than 6 months, replace it. What types of supplement dusts are you using and how often for each type? What do you feed your insects with? All these questions are trying to figure out if he has a nutritional deficiency which I suspect. Without more detail we can't begin to guess.

He doesn't need to eat more than once every other day at this age.

Back
Top Bottom