problems shedding... black scabs??

joanne1920

My 1 year old nosey be panther normally has no problems shedding, but this time he has struggled and has been left with shed left round his spines on his back, he has tried to get it off him self and i think he has rubbed so hard on things that in places the spines have disappeared and what appears like black scabs are in place of. Ive increase humidity from 70% to 80% and spray him 3 times a day instead of twice. He drinks from a dripper and still drinks normally. What else can i do to help him?? I've got some shed aid to try putting on tonight. Please help. Im in the UK so dont have access to some treatments that you all do :confused:

Sounds like you're saying he may have some open wounds on his back? I don't think shed aid will help if that's the case. Someone may chime in if you upload some pics to look at.

Hi :)
I have a one year old nosy be that I've had for 3 weeks now.
I live in Dubai and so he was imported from Europe. During all the travel he got pretty stressed and rubbed off a few of his spines lower down his back towards his tail and also rubbed through the very front of his bottom lip.
He had a black scab there (you can see in my avatar) and I took him to the vet for a general check up and also to check on the lip.. She picked the scab off (please don't do that though!) to check for infection underneath which luckily there was none and gave me Betadine gel to apply to the area just to be certain that no infection should form. Perhaps you could get some Betadine, just apply a small amount to the areas you are concerned about with a cotton tip?
I have only been applying the Betadine for a week, but all of the residual scab that was there has now fallen away.
If you can manage to visit the vet that would be best, but maybe this could help you until you do :)

Back
Top Bottom