Project Royal Penthouse Suite Ranjo

Sonny13

Chameleon Enthusiast
As promised to @MissSkittles I would post the upgrade I’m planning for Ranjo. At the moment I’m waiting for the last item to arrive (damn couriers), before I can proceed.

As the recommendations for a Kinyongia Boehmei are 18”x18”x36”, I’ve noticed extreme activity within this species and just feel sorry the restricted moveable space. Due the available space and the impossible option for free range for this species, I‘m ‘creating ‘ something on my own.

Intentions:
- 36”x18”x24” glass enclosure
- 36”x18”x36” screen enclosure on top of the glass enclosure
- large 50” centerpiece Schefflera
- fully bioactive
- 2 pc fans on the side vent of the glass enclosure, to prevent air from stagnating

The centerpiece
D88BDC1D-A4EA-4327-B611-FD1259B78F36.jpeg

A sneak preview from the glass enclosure with the Schefflera
E6AA319D-C25C-4789-A9C6-5EDA2386742C.jpeg

The used glass enclosure, Repti Zoo
0848B18C-4730-44F0-BEBA-D1D3E67DB394.jpeg

The screen enclosure Exo Terra XLarge - Tall
0D9C6495-AE8F-4281-AB57-18D2C1605DCE.jpeg

Well the rest to be continued…….

I'm intrigued. I hope the glass will stand up to the weight of the substrate (unless you have something else planned). If you're planning on enclosing the substrate in the particle board I see, it will need to be severely water-proofed. That stuff can disintegrate if the weather calls for rain next week.

IDT the fans will be necessary, but up to you. If there are low side vents, a chimney effect will happen.

Staying tuned.

I'm intrigued. I hope the glass will stand up to the weight of the substrate (unless you have something else planned). If you're planning on enclosing the substrate in the particle board I see, it will need to be severely water-proofed. That stuff can disintegrate if the weather calls for rain next week.

IDT the fans will be necessary, but up to you. If there are low side vents, a chimney effect will happen.

Staying tuned.
The lower 8” is waterproof, these are made for palladiums setups. The particle boards are cocos fiber plates and aren‘t placed in the substrate and will be mounted just above, to get of glass reflection and hopefully will be grown with vegetation. One fan I’m intending to use and the other one is back-up.

The underside will be fully supported and there’s already factory made reinforcement underneath it.

Still good points 👍🏻

Looking great. LOVE the plant people forget theses things are trees if give time.
In the caribbean you see them at 12 or 15 feet tall!
As promised to @MissSkittles I would post the upgrade I’m planning for Ranjo. At the moment I’m waiting for the last item to arrive (damn couriers), before I can proceed.

As the recommendations for a Kinyongia Boehmei are 18”x18”x36”, I’ve noticed extreme activity within this species and just feel sorry the restricted moveable space. Due the available space and the impossible option for free range for this species, I‘m ‘creating ‘ something on my own.

Intentions:
- 36”x18”x24” glass enclosure
- 36”x18”x36” screen enclosure on top of the glass enclosure
- large 50” centerpiece Schefflera
- fully bioactive
- 2 pc fans on the side vent of the glass enclosure, to prevent air from stagnating

The centerpiece
View attachment 306154

A sneak preview from the glass enclosure with the Schefflera
View attachment 306155

The used glass enclosure, Repti Zoo
View attachment 306156
The screen enclosure Exo Terra XLarge - Tall
View attachment 306157

Well the rest to be continued…….
This little dude hit the jackpot when you walked into that store!!

In the caribbean you see them at 12 or 15 feet tall!
Never looked at them before, been a few times to the Caribbean🙈. Absolutely love those trees😍

This little dude hit the jackpot when you walked into that store!!
🤣🤣 they deserve the best. I know your boy has had the same luck 😉😇
Always lived that way with all my animals……..they can’t help it to be caged and I hate to be caged or controlled.

I was curious about the concert picture and the de oorlogskranten. Your libation collection looks interesting too. :D

I was curious about the concert picture and the de oorlogskranten. Your libation collection looks interesting too. :D
It’s a picture from Joe Cocker’s performance at Woodstock, taken from backstage towards the audience (not by me, unfortunately🥲), De Oorlogskranten are real newspapers from the Second World War

Back
Top Bottom