Pseudo Gout

Nal0114

So my girl recently after started having a lot of swelling in her joints so I instantly suspected gout. Origin not known (primary, secondary, or pseudo).

Yesterday she had labs done.

Her results are attached. I’m still waiting to hear back to see if they think Pseudo gout could be the cause.

Does anyone have experience with pseudo gout, what are the treatments for something like that?

I attached pics of her at the doctor as well so you can see the swelling in her ankle.

Attachments

• IMG_0589.jpeg
    IMG_0589.jpeg
    63.6 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_4963.jpeg
    IMG_4963.jpeg
    242.3 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_4968.jpeg
    IMG_4968.jpeg
    338.7 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_4960.jpeg
    IMG_4960.jpeg
    211.7 KB · Views: 1
I don’t know about gout or pseudo gout, (uric acid and calcium levels are within range) but her liver function is way high and some of her other values are quite concerning, like potassium being high and sodium low. One of the kidney markers is also a bit high. I’m just a nurse with Google, but I believe the combined high AST with the high CPK are from some sort of tissue damage or injury. She looks gravid to me. Has she been trying to dig or more restless in her enclosure? Maybe she somehow injured her ankle? It’ll be very interesting to know what the vet says.

She laid 44-eggs August 4th. She’s never been with a male so they weren’t fertile. I am taking her back to work with me tomorrow for X-rays.

I have 2 doctors that said gout. I will keep everyone posted. One of the doctors said Pseudo gout is in end stage kidney failure. And her uric acid levels aren’t suggestive of that.

Attachments

• IMG_4469.jpeg
    IMG_4469.jpeg
    269.5 KB · Views: 1
Back
Top Bottom