Putting Chameleons in Sink or Tub of Water??

bigant25

Hello i have been cruising the forums and youtube videos of chameleons and I see people placing their chameleons in the sink or the tub or a tub of water for a swim or bath of sorts, the chameleons didn't really seem too thrilled about it in most instances?

Does anyone do this with their chams from time to time?

Is there any benefit to this?

Do they like to take a dip? or take a Swim? Do they hate it?

I am curious as to any insight veteran owners can share here, thanks

In my opinion there is no reason to subject a chameleon to soaking. It is not natural for them and does not serve any benefit. Some vets might say they can absorb water through their vents, however I have read articles where well known vets state that there is no evidence that they can absorb any significant amount of fluid this way.

If a chameleon is dehydrated they can get longer mistings, a shower or oral fluid. They are supposed to drink through their mouth not their vent.

That's my 2 cents and I will never subject my chameleons to any soaking sessions.

I would have thought it would be very stressful for them... even really tame ones. Most don't even appreciate direct spraying, with a fine spray. Let alone standing directly in water.

If you put in a tub of water just under its mouth high and put a bubbler in it, it might drink, I have done this trick with mine when she was younger and it worked.Just make sure not to drown her.That would suck.Also make sure it is about 80 degrees F.

In my opinion there is no reason to subject a chameleon to soaking. It is not natural for them and does not serve any benefit. Some vets might say they can absorb water through their vents, however I have read articles where well known vets state that there is no evidence that they can absorb any significant amount of fluid this way.

If a chameleon is dehydrated they can get longer mistings, a shower or oral fluid. They are supposed to drink through their mouth not their vent.

That's my 2 cents and I will never subject my chameleons to any soaking sessions.

This is good advice.

If you put in a tub of water just under its mouth high and put a bubbler in it, it might drink, I have done this trick with mine when she was younger and it worked.Just make sure not to drown her.That would suck.Also make sure it is about 80 degrees F.

This is not a good idea. No offense meant.

Quick answers are: nope, nope, and nope lol

A good misting is definitely preferable, even in cases of constipation.

Back
Top Bottom