Question about feeding veiled chameleon

bradjyoon

Hello!
I have a 3-4 months old veiled chameleon and I'm feeding him mealworms. I'm curious of how many worms I'm suppose to feed him everyday(A lot of people feed them crickets so they don't really tell me how many worms are equivalent to 8 or 9 crickets haha). Further do chameleon stop eating or refuse to eat when they are not hungry? When is the point they're considered as an adult and feed them once every other day?

Definitely change your staple feeder to crickets or roaches. You can't have a cham eating mealworms day in and day out, it's not good for their nutrition or their insides.

I feed mine every day until a year old, as much as they want to eat typically. They can go on hunger strikes if they're sick, or if they're bored with the feeders.

Personally I'll feed crickets as a staple and soft worms like horn, silk or wax as treats bi weekly. Make sure to gutload feeders with approved fruits/veggies and of course dust with some Repashy Calcium Plus. Hope this helps.

Hello!
I have a 3-4 months old veiled chameleon and I'm feeding him mealworms. I'm curious of how many worms I'm suppose to feed him everyday(A lot of people feed them crickets so they don't really tell me how many worms are equivalent to 8 or 9 crickets haha). Further do chameleon stop eating or refuse to eat when they are not hungry? When is the point they're considered as an adult and feed them once every other day?
Meal worms are not good feeders. They have very little nutrition and have a hard exoskeleton. A lot of meal worms can cause impactions. I would get crickets or roaches or both, and give your cham superworm, hornworm, and silkworms instead of mealworms.

Hello!
Everything Pitcard and Virgil said is completely accurate. If you have to feed one thing for some reason, crickets are best. They will eat whatever you gutload. Keep that varied and your chams will do better.

Everything Pitcard and Virgil said is completely accurate. If you have to feed one thing for some reason, crickets are best. They will eat whatever you gutload. Keep that varied and your chams will do better.
If I live in a place where I can't keep crickets, what should I do? I could get crickets at a market but only like once a week for the amount of one day so about 10 crickets. Also the closest pet store where I can purchase crickets is located about 20 minutes drive distance. SO I need to find other feeder to find instead of crickets, something that is quiet and something that will not creep out my roommate such as roaches haha

If I live in a place where I can't keep crickets, what should I do? I could get crickets at a market but only like once a week for the amount of one day so about 10 crickets. Also the closest pet store where I can purchase crickets is located about 20 minutes drive distance. SO I need to find other feeder to find instead of crickets, something that is quiet and something that will not creep out my roommate such as roaches haha
So, you could do crickets if you could keep them quiet (young ones) and could keep them alive for a week at a time (that can be done). My advice,? 'mailorder'. Yep. Mailorder 50 medium sized. Crix. Go into town to a walmart, target or some place like that and get a box like the one pictured. Doesnt need a lid if you get the right one. I assume you have a grocery store. Ill send you a list of food that will only cost $5 a week and you can keep them alive hidden from view (roommate). I sent pic of the size to get that are still quiet and ill send you a list of paces. The cost is minimal and not too inconvenient once you have a schedule. Let me know if you need both lists. (Gutload and mailorder bug co)

Attachments

• 1467725632599-2133103902.jpg
    1467725632599-2133103902.jpg
    163.9 KB · Views: 146
  • 1467725725021979943709.jpg
    1467725725021979943709.jpg
    150 KB · Views: 123
  • 1467725849134460777027.jpg
    1467725849134460777027.jpg
    137.7 KB · Views: 106
O, yes, you can order other feeders from the mailorder co, too if you want to really add to his diet. LLL Reptile has some good stuff and they are reputable

So, you could do crickets if you could keep them quiet (young ones) and could keep them alive for a week at a time (that can be done). My advice,? 'mailorder'. Yep. Mailorder 50 medium sized. Crix. Go into town to a walmart, target or some place like that and get a box like the one pictured. Doesnt need a lid if you get the right one. I assume you have a grocery store. Ill send you a list of food that will only cost $5 a week and you can keep them alive hidden from view (roommate). I sent pic of the size to get that are still quiet and ill send you a list of paces. The cost is minimal and not too inconvenient once you have a schedule. Let me know if you need both lists. (Gutload and mailorder bug co)
Please send me those lists, that would be awesome! Thank you

Back
Top Bottom