Question About My Chameleon

RandellTheCham

Established Member
Chameleon Info:
  • Your Chameleon - Veiled chameleon, 4months and half month old. Ive had him little over a month
  • Handling - I dont really handle him, he climbs onto me when theres food but only beacuse he cannot reach
  • Feeding - He gets 10-15 feeders aday. Gutloaded mostly with carrot or apple. He had a large selection and doesnt have the time to be picky.
  • I have crickets, hoppers, calci works, super worms, silk worms, wax worms.
  • Supplements - i use repashy everyday as my veteran breeder has suggested everyone has there own opinion on this.
  • Watering. I have a automatic mister/rain maker that comes on 3 times aday for 1minute, i also give him an mist when i feel he needs. I have seen him drink
  • Fecal Description - He's droppings look normal but rather large and his urate is white
  • History - Any previous information about your cham that might be useful to others when trying to help you.

Cage Info:
  • Cage Type - I have a large repti breeze (not sure dimentions)
  • Lighting - i have all in one uvb and uva light made by swell reptiles
  • Temperature 80-85 at basking spot and 70-75 in cooler zones, overnight the house never goes under 50-55
  • Humidity - humidity stays around 30-45 and hits 80-90 when misted. I have an extra terra metior that tells me levels
  • Plants - I have umbrella plant, and other plastic plants
  • Placement he is in my bedroom on a cabinet he doesn't he disturbed for around 8hours he is next to tv but this doesn't seem to bother him infact it looks like he likes it
  • Location. England, london Temp atm around 10-15 degrees
Current Problem - im just paranoid about my little boy at the moment, as people on forums are aware randell loves roaming and being in a tree outside of his cage. When ever he's in his cage he is dark and is puffy and dark while basking unless i show him food.

He shedded 2 weeks ago and he still has skin stuck to him which is worring me, i spray him with warm water very regulary.

Also do chameleons have mood swings? Some days hes a total cutie pie the next he is jaws

Heres the most recent photo of him

Attachments

• IMG_1377.JPG
    IMG_1377.JPG
    260.3 KB · Views: 69
  • IMG_1324.JPG
    IMG_1324.JPG
    194.1 KB · Views: 81
The darkeness while basking could be him changing to be darker to help absorb heat better. As for the sheds, I would just say keep upping the humidity and it should help. And YES! Chameleons do have mood swings! Some times Stark will go from wanting to come out, to a minute later hissing at me because he decided he didnt want out.

Back
Top Bottom