Raising humidity

Daver13

Hey everyone, I'm having trouble keeping the humidity up during the day in one of my cham terrariums. What methods are there to raising humidity, other than misting/spraying, which I am doing 3 times a day. Over night the humidity raises to anywhere between 50-70 when the lights are off, but during the day it drops down to 30-40 in between misting sessions. I've tried a damp towel over the top of the terrarium which kinda worked, im probably just going to go buy a humidifier but I'm curious to what methods everyone else uses cuz I know I need the humidity to be higher

I have the same issue, except my humidity is much lower, in the high 20's and mid 30's throughout the day and night. I'd love to hear other people's techniques on how to raise the humidity.

I have the same issue, except my humidity is much lower, in the high 20's and mid 30's throughout the day and night. I'd love to hear other people's techniques on how to raise the humidity.

Yeah I'm pretty sure it's just my room cuz it's in the basement and it's drier down here during the winter, but where I live in Canada it gets extremely hot and humid in the summer so I'm hoping the problem will go away but I need a solution for now and all other winters to come!

You don't really want to have high humidity Constantly, that will just breed bacteria and mold and lead to respiratory infections. Having spikes and dips is perfectly fine so long as they are misted enough a few times a day. You want your cage to dry out between misting a which means the humidity is going to drop.

You don't really want to have high humidity Constantly, that will just breed bacteria and mold and lead to respiratory infections. Having spikes and dips is perfectly fine so long as they are misted enough a few times a day. You want your cage to dry out between misting a which means the humidity is going to drop.

Thanks for the advice but my biggest issue is that the humidity never seems to get above 60 during the day ever even during misting, and at night it rarely gets above 60-65, I have a really dry room

Hey everyone, I'm having trouble keeping the humidity up during the day in one of my cham terrariums. What methods are there to raising humidity, other than misting/spraying, which I am doing 3 times a day. Over night the humidity raises to anywhere between 50-70 when the lights are off, but during the day it drops down to 30-40 in between misting sessions. I've tried a damp towel over the top of the terrarium which kinda worked, im probably just going to go buy a humidifier but I'm curious to what methods everyone else uses cuz I know I need the humidity to be higher

We answer this question so often that it must be pretty easy to do a forum search on "raising cage humidity".

However, here are the ideas one more time:

Add more live plants to the cage...and I mean really fill the space. The more surfaces there are to collect and hold water the slower the cage will dry out.

Enclose more of the cage...clear plastic sheeting, shower curtains can slow down air exchange (yet not create a real tank situation) and the plastic surface can also collect and hold water droplets until evaporation.

Use a room humidifier aimed right at the cage, or connect an ultrasonic type to the cage using tubing or PVC pipe that projects through the mesh allowing the fog to pour over the cage plants. Control the cycles with a plug in timer.

Get an automated misting system and create more frequent cycles of misting and drying.

Back
Top Bottom