Rango and water

Stahlzoo

so we got Rango into a new setup a week ago, got him a ficus tree which he really loves, tried puting a make shift dripper system up but the water just pools on top of the mesh setup so we have been spraying the plants 2 to 3 times daily for him to get water, my husband and i have never noticed him drinking, well today I took him out and the husband hand fed him crickets, while hubby was putting the new crickets away i went to the sink and put the faucet on to were it was dripping on my hand and to our surprise Rango layed his head on my hand where the water was dripping and started to drink!!! had him there for about 15 min, he even stuck his head under the faucet with the water dripping over his head, he seemed to like it as he was doing this all him self. what do you guys think? should we keep giving him water this way as he seems to like it?

You could give him water this way sometimes. You could also incorporate showers to keep him hydrated.

However, I would also try to encorage him to drink in his cage fromt he mistings. You will need him to drink in a more traditional way if you go on vaction or have someone else checking in on him or if you eventually add an automated mister...etc

You could give him water this way sometimes. You could also incorporate showers to keep him hydrated.

However, I would also try to encorage him to drink in his cage fromt he mistings. You will need him to drink in a more traditional way if you go on vaction or have someone else checking in on him or if you eventually add an automated mister...etc

yeah we plan on getting an automatic mister eventually but as they cost quit a bit its going to have to wait a little while. im still trying to get branches, vines, and live plants in there for him, as the garden nurseries are getting plants in ive been going and finding plants that can be in there, so far we have a ficus he loves. so once i have the jungle done the mister will be next. :) im trying to make his setup as close to his natural habitat as possible.

My boy regularly drinks from the kitchen tap. He also likes to lick the drops that land on the tap when I spray it.

aje4ysuz.jpg
this is my girls favourite way to drink.

Back
Top Bottom