Red Bar Ambilobe Panther Progress

PizzaSteve

Hi All,

Creating this thread to document my panther growing up, aiming to post photos weekly.

Still unsure on gender, was sold him as a male, nose and bulge are minimal.

(S)He is currently around 10 weeks old, any confirmation of gender would be appreciated although I have another thread up for that.

IMG_1542.JPG

IMG_1517.JPG

IMG_1524.JPG

Man pictures can be deceiving I would’ve thought he was bigger! That’s awesome tho, I remember when I first got mine just trying to plump them up to start seeing some colors. Exciting times! Handling every now and again isn’t a terrible idea so he isn’t shell shocked every time you weigh him and whatnot.

Looking good. Stuck shed at base of tail usually isn’t issue. maybe caused by vent. As long as it’s not the tip of the tail which can cause damage. As long as there isn’t a ring of shed that encircles the tail it’s ok. If there is just peel off a piece to break the ring and let the rest go on its own. If it’s the tip of the tail then remove it all. Handling once a week outside of his cage is a good idea. So he knows your scent and that you mean no harm. Let him climb all over you. He will probably go up to your head. Just make sure none of your hair stays in his hands. It can be dangerous if swallowed. Looking real good. Great job!

He looks annoyed by your presence but trying to keep cool as a cucumber and mind his own business. Lol What a cutie!!

Wow he's becoming a handsome boy :love: and was I wrong about his gender 🫣 luckily we can learn from it.
He certainly is! Bit of a late bloomer but it's clear as day now. I was hoping this thread may be useful to other new chameleon keepers as a rough guideline of how they progress.

Back
Top Bottom