red , blue , green bar(?) i cant figure it out....

lisagr07

Avid Member
there is always the question as to whether a cham is a
"red bar" or a "blue bar",, some of them look like they have green bars to me.. :eek:
what are you guys basing the bar color on as opposed to the body color????

here's our guy.... what is he???
i know he's not blue but he has both red and green/yellow bars going around his body... thanks,, lisa

travelbox-M.jpg

home1-M.jpg

IMG3566-M.jpg

That's a red bar and I believe u base the bar color of your reptile by looking at him while not fired up and then taking what u see most in te bars as in alot of red and a lil yellow in your case but mostly a solid red so urs would be a red bar if you understood that at all. Atleast that's what I've always based my bar coloring off of.

What they look like as subadults can change after a few months as well. He looks like a red bar now but can develop blue in his bars by around a year. My male ambi Cpt Kirk looked a lot like that when he was 6 months but now is showing more blue in his bars the older he gets. Nice looking ambilobe either way!

so they are either red bar or blue bar.... there is no such thing as a "green bar with red body" ????

oh,,, and thanks for the compliments on Krayola, we've only had him 3 months, he was about 15 months when we adopted him...
i kinda figured he'd be called a red bar but i've tried to "call" some of the others posted and sometimes i just can't figure it out. i know as juvies they're still going through changes... i just haven't developed the keen eye that you guys have,,, maybe in time!!!! :eek:

and god forbid i try to descide ambilobe over ambanja!!!!!!!!!!! :p

thanks,,,lisa

Back
Top Bottom