red bumps on hands, stuck shed?

c6Iia

Hi all , just was wondering and confused on these small red bumps on hands near his nails , don’t know if i should worry or if it’s possibly nothing. i also am not 100% sure if they’ve always been there it’s hitting his first time shed with me and i’ve been over observing his skin/body and im probably freaking out and rambling now .. ok sorry thank you

Attachments

• IMG_0459.jpeg
    IMG_0459.jpeg
    81.7 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_0478.jpeg
    IMG_0478.jpeg
    104.3 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_0476.jpeg
    IMG_0476.jpeg
    123.5 KB · Views: 2
Hello and welcome! What kind of chameleon do you have? Do you mind sharing a pic of his whole body?

I’m going to tag some members in here that have more experience with skin concerns than I do. :)

@MissSkittles @Beman
i’m so sorry these pics are a bit blurry he’s a panther chameleon & very fidgety rn he likes to be alone these days i think due to shedding

Attachments

• IMG_0489.jpeg
    IMG_0489.jpeg
    135.5 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_0490.jpeg
    IMG_0490.jpeg
    129.6 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_0484.jpeg
    IMG_0484.jpeg
    159.1 KB · Views: 1
Hello, I see red dots on his sides so red is definately in his color variation. They just might be starting to appear with this latest molt. Nothing looks infected. just in case i would wash his hands and feet with cool water and soap rinsing them well so as not to leave soap residue on them just case its an allergic reaction to something from plants etc.. Its exciting to see the color changes with a grown male panthers after each molt. they can be dramatic but it does not necessarily mean something is wrong. Just keep an eye on him for lathargic behavior. That could be an indicater that something is amiss. Enjoy your boy as he gets his adult wardrobe. I am sure he will look fab in no time at all.

Back
Top Bottom