Revised husbandry based on what I’ve learned the past few weeks ;)

Speechgirl2

for my male veiled chameleon Cthulhu of unknown age… he’s about 9 inches nose to tip of tail.

2x2x4 mesh enclosure with money plant as main plant, also have ficus, prayer plant, and a ton of pothos… added some supplemental branches as well.

Dripper in place
Mist king set to mist a few seconds at lights on, lights off, midnight, and 5am

Lights on 8a to 8p
Food: mostly dubia and crickets

Attachments

• IMG_8903.jpeg
    IMG_8903.jpeg
    186.7 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_8912.jpeg
    IMG_8912.jpeg
    182.7 KB · Views: 15
Let me rephrase that: at least 2 minutes at the times he is awake. I also have my mister go off around midnight to help with humidity. That session is shorter. But 2 minutes or longer will trigger a drinking urge in them and trigger them to clean their eyes.

Oooo I bet Cthulhu loves it! My only suggestion is that your misting times need to be at least 2 minutes long. It looks fantastic!
Thank you. My humidity was definitely off last night but I’m trying to keep from soaking the floor of the enclosure so I increased the frequency of misting to every 2 hours for several seconds. He’s sleeping pretty close to the mister so I’m hoping it’s more concentrated near him. Definitely moving the hygrometer further into the depths of his jungle to get a better reading

Let me rephrase that: at least 2 minutes at the times he is awake. I also have my mister go off around midnight to help with humidity. That session is shorter. But 2 minutes or longer will trigger a drinking urge in them and trigger them to clean their eyes.
Thank you Gloria. I never knew about the two minute trigger. Good to know. Speech, your setup is amazing!

Lots of plants and i have the table covered with vinly with a dip in the back to catch water. Also i covered the back and one side panel with vinyl shower curtain cut to size and taped to frame. Keeos the humidity up and helps prevent watwr from hitting cords!🤗

What do yall do to help prevent pooling of water on the enclosure floor?
I have my enclosure lifted a bit with a tray underneath. I drilled some holes in the bottom of the enclosure so the water drains out and into the tray.

My stand has an extra pice of wood on either side so there is a gap in the middle where the tray just slides in and out. I’ve seen keepers have their enclosures on a wire shelf and holes drilled in the bottom with a 5gal bucket underneath. I’ve also seen keepers just use a shop vac to collect the water.

IMG_1553.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom