Scared chameleon

Alyx

So I've had my veiled chameleon for a little over three months now, and I've only been able to take her out of the cage a few times during that period. Now whenever I open her cage door to feed her or clean the cage she automatically bolts for cover. Is there any way I can get her used to me so that taking her out is easier? It's hard to try and hand feed her if she's always hiding so I'm not sure what to do or if anyone has tips on hand feeding shy babies.:confused:

So I've had my veiled chameleon for a little over three months now, and I've only been able to take her out of the cage a few times during that period. Now whenever I open her cage door to feed her or clean the cage she automatically bolts for cover. Is there any way I can get her used to me so that taking her out is easier? It's hard to try and hand feed her if she's always hiding so I'm not sure what to do or if anyone has tips on hand feeding shy babies.:confused:

Here's a video you can watch about how to tame them:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-T9M9awL7qM

He's talking about Veiled Chameleons that are "aggressive" and stuff, but it's worked out really well for my baby Veiled. He still kinda runs from me from time to time but he's starting to kinda like me and come to my hand when I put it in the cage carefully for him to walk on...

I've only had him for like 6 weeks now. So this guy's techniques are pretty smart, I think :) He used to duck for cover every time I walked in the room... But we're all happy now!! :D

Back
Top Bottom