Selecting the right chameleon cage

Cost and design are my biggest hurdles. Placement is another hurdle. I liked the Zoo Med LED Deluxe cage. I do wish there was a cost effective of minimum 3x2x4 or 4x2x4 in the market.

Now that I have the LED Deluxe, I would save up Bill version of hybrid. It nice you put in the details. Or Tamura condo version.

Cost and design are my biggest hurdles. Placement is another hurdle. I liked the Zoo Med LED Deluxe cage. I do wish there was a cost effective of minimum 3x2x4 or 4x2x4 in the market.

Now that I have the LED Deluxe, I would save up Bill version of hybrid. It nice you put in the details. Or Tamura condo version.
What is your challenge when it comes to placement?

Yes! Definitely would like an affordable 4x2x4’. Or perhaps a kit of some sort to make it an easier task to stuff 2 XL DIY or ReptaBreezes together. I’ve spent so much time roaming the aisles in Lowe’s and Home Depot looking for items to help attach them together that sometimes employees actually get concerned enough to ask if I need any help! Besides something to join the two, finding the right type of flat head screws have been my challenges. As a result I’ve used tiny hinges to join them along with small gauge wire and have had to sink the screws on the sides that butt p against each other.

Yes! Definitely would like an affordable 4x2x4’. Or perhaps a kit of some sort to make it an easier task to stuff 2 XL DIY or ReptaBreezes together. I’ve spent so much time roaming the aisles in Lowe’s and Home Depot looking for items to help attach them together that sometimes employees actually get concerned enough to ask if I need any help! Besides something to join the two, finding the right type of flat head screws have been my challenges. As a result I’ve used tiny hinges to join them along with small gauge wire and have had to sink the screws on the sides that butt p against each other.
If you know someone with a 3D printer I can point you in the direction of the files to print out a complete set of mending plates and all you have to do is buy 100 screws. There are a lot of plates because I made each plate less than 220mm so common 3D printers could handle them. So, yeah there were a lot!

You can check it out in the Dec 2023 issue of the Chameleon Academy Journal on pages 34-37.
https://chameleonacademy.com/chameleon-academy-journal/
And, of course, I have a Dragon Ledges set specifically for this purpose
Double Wide Dragon Ledges

Unfortunately I don’t know anyone with a 3D printer, but this is definitely something I will keep in mind for the future. ;) I didn’t realize it had already been addressed. You are on top of things! Just awesome! What would the chameleon community do without you!

Unfortunately I don’t know anyone with a 3D printer, but this is definitely something I will keep in mind for the future. ;) I didn’t realize it had already been addressed. You are on top of things! Just awesome! What would the chameleon community do without you!
I just got my 3D printed brackets to build a temporary 4x2x4 for my parsons. I’ll let you know how my experience goes. I know some people in the chameleon community that don’t mind printing them for a small fee.

Back
Top Bottom