she is digging but

rafael

my female veiled has started digging christmas day and well she hasnt lay her eggs. she is diggin on her cage the sand is like 4 inches. she digs all day then she rest in the night and when she wakes up she goes to the hole, now im scared in moving her to the laying bin i had for her i dont want to stress her out and make her egg bound by moving her i really need some help guys

996697_10152089295205081_1035817745_n.jpg

How long has she been gravid? Is she just digging in one hole or is she digging at different location? Be sure you give her privacy as well.

Ok. The only thing that concerns me is the depth of the soil she is digging in. 4" isn't really enough for her. Hopefully she will be satisfied with her hole soon enough and will turn around and lay.

If she doesn't lay soon, maybe try the bucket method. Place her in a bucket/trash can with just soil/sand and let her alone. This is how I get all my carpets to lay. I put them in it in the morning and see what they do. If they aren't interested in digging they go back in their cages for a day or two and we try again. Eventually they will dig and lay. If your can is large enough you could just make that her new cage until she lays as well.

ok thank you :) i will give her a few more days and if not i will place her on the laying bin a friend used for her cam its one of does fish tanks its 8 X 18

Back
Top Bottom