Shedding?

RoskaL

iv never seen a cham shed so im hoping she is, the last day shes gone really pale and not moved around much
is this how they shed or is something else affecting her?
heres a picture

IMAG0021.jpg

my cham will usually get a few white dots that look dry here and there and the next thing you know he is shedding!

so she looks normal and is shedding? as i say iv never seen the process of a cham shed
with snaks the whole body turns really pale/white and the eyes glaze over then they go back to normal then a day or so the skin comes off, whole process takes about a week for a snake, so i was guessing by the change in colour she would be shedding

but was worried if shes burning or something really wrong with her

I have a male panther who is almost five months old and he looks exactly like the one in your picture. He has folds of skin along his back and what appear to be very slightly sunken eye turrets. I was worried about dehyration but then the guy i bought him from was saying he probably needs to shed. I was just wondering what ended up happening with your cham and what the issue ended up being.

so she looks normal and is shedding? as i say iv never seen the process of a cham shed
with snaks the whole body turns really pale/white and the eyes glaze over then they go back to normal then a day or so the skin comes off, whole process takes about a week for a snake, so i was guessing by the change in colour she would be shedding

but was worried if shes burning or something really wrong with her

the snake shed and the cham shed are very different. While they both get faded colors and slight wrinkles in the skin the similarities end there. I HATE when my snakes go into shed and then weekish that it does take. IDK what kind of snakes you keep but cleaning a female retics cage while she is in shed usually ends up with donating blood lol.

Your little guy looks like hes pretty close to getting new colors :) i have had a carpet that got lathargic when going into shed, and i had a veiled that you never knew he was going to. My little panther (while ive only had him since sunday) started shedding today and got lazy, but my UVB bulb also went out today so i dont wanna say for sure its the shed.

Up your misting schedule a little bit till he started breaking his sheds loose (youll know trust me) and enjoy the next round of pretty colors!

the snake shed and the cham shed are very different. While they both get faded colors and slight wrinkles in the skin the similarities end there. I HATE when my snakes go into shed and then weekish that it does take. IDK what kind of snakes you keep but cleaning a female retics cage while she is in shed usually ends up with donating blood lol.

Your little guy looks like hes pretty close to getting new colors :) i have had a carpet that got lathargic when going into shed, and i had a veiled that you never knew he was going to. My little panther (while ive only had him since sunday) started shedding today and got lazy, but my UVB bulb also went out today so i dont wanna say for sure its the shed.

Up your misting schedule a little bit till he started breaking his sheds loose (youll know trust me) and enjoy the next round of pretty colors!

we have royals, well if your american ball pythons :) nearly got a retic but they grow way to big for my place so just stuck with these, so much easier to keep than chams haha

it shouldnt be dehydration, she gets misted about 3 times aday and has a constant clean water supply, the basking spot is at 90 then down the bottom it goes to 65-70, dam winter! hard to keep nice temps like you yanks :p

just have to wait and see and keep an eye on her for the next few days

Back
Top Bottom