Shedding

BakedGoodies

Exactly two weeks after getting my chameleons, one started shedding. What was crazy is that before I took a shower, I checked in on them and I noticed she looked paler than normal but didn't figure it out. I get out of the shower and she was half-way done shedding!

She was rubbing up on everything and in the middle, she stopped and ate a cricket. It was quite entertaining (especially cause she usually doesn't eat in front of me).

She was hatched 4/14 so isn't two months old yet. How often should I expect her to shed, and how long should it take? That seemed like a really quick shed to me (about an hour). And is a chameleon shed similar to snakes, where their appetite is affected?

Thanks!

Our little girl was shedding the other day, and it feel like i coulda got out the camera and recorded it it was happening so fast. With my eyes i could see her shedding, pretty cool stuff.

Yeah it was amazingly quick! Makes me wonder if the male has shed and I just wasn't around to see it, but I haven't seen any other shedding skin in there.

What is pretty cool is that they both had this shiny teal spotting (they're Nosy Falys) and now she has this beige/pink/white coloring going on. At first I wasn't sure if either one was a girl, but now I'm pretty sure that she is the she lol. I'll have to get pictures of her in a bit, she's the one that's my avatar (I think--they looked so much alike when I took those pics).

Back
Top Bottom