Sick Chameleon ?

Kaitlynpillar

My panther chameleon has had problems with his left eye for a couple months now. I was rinsing it with eyewash for awhile in the beginning when i noticed it shut for little moments at a time and giving him showers incase he had something in his eye. But its been the same for awhile now, and i noticed that his pupil is much smaller on the left so i figured infection and picked up terramycin and saline solution which i used for about a week. He is pretty active and his left eye is probably such for 30% of the day. Although, he's not eating that much and seems to have lost a lot of weight recently which really concerns me.. I'm not sure what is wrong.

Attachments

• FullSizeRender.jpg
    FullSizeRender.jpg
    280.8 KB · Views: 176
  • IMG_2686.JPG
    IMG_2686.JPG
    204.5 KB · Views: 199
  • IMG_2687.JPG
    IMG_2687.JPG
    189.3 KB · Views: 217
  • IMG_2693.JPG
    IMG_2693.JPG
    313.5 KB · Views: 186
  • IMG_2982.JPG
    IMG_2982.JPG
    228.6 KB · Views: 187
If you have done all you say without success then maybe it's time to seek a professionals help, and get yourself a good reptile vet to take a look at it. Good luck.

How long has this been going on? I'm battling the same issue as we speak. It started with rubbing the eye on branches about 6 weeks ago. He opened his eye during handling and after misting. Saline seemed to help him at first, but that stopped being very effective after a week. I had my guy at the vet Sunday for Vit A shots. Id suggest getting him to a vet before it gets any worse.

Back
Top Bottom