silk worm mold... dangerous for cham?

flashjord101

Hi some mold has formed in the sillworm chow. Too much moisture in the closet i keep them. The worms still look healthy and I will be transferring them to a fresh cup with clean food. Is it healthy for my cham to eat the worms that were exposed to the mold?

thank you
J

Hi some mold has formed in the sillworm chow. Too much moisture in the closet i keep them. The worms still look healthy and I will be transferring them to a fresh cup with clean food. Is it healthy for my cham to eat the worms that were exposed to the mold?

thank you
J
id like to say yes, but that would be impossible to do without knowing what kind of mold it was. probably not an issue, healthy chams are pretty resistant to such things, but if your cham already has health issues, that could be a different story.

if its a green mold its likely aspergillis, which would be harmless for a healthy cham. if its a white grey or black mold would be more cautious of it.
if its the least bit slimey its probably a yeast or bacterial infection.

better safe than sorry, best advice would be hold of those feeders until they have had a chance to go through several poop cycles. jmo

Back
Top Bottom