Silkmoth treat 😋

Steve A

Chameleon Enthusiast
Tomorrow, Spike gets to wake up to a special treat 🙂

20240528_173657.jpg

Aww…but look at that cute little face! 🤗 Just look! Isn’t that one of the sweetest little faces ever?
IMG_6195.jpeg

😂 I feed the moths off too…those which aren’t busy making eggs. The males are especially active with all of their wing flapping and my animals love them. Even my leopard geckos get the smaller moths.

😭 We have one but it's just too cute. We tried to release it, but it seems they're blind and can't fly. Poor little things.

Aww…but look at that cute little face! 🤗 Just look! Isn’t that one of the sweetest little faces ever?
View attachment 355594

😂 I feed the moths off too…those which aren’t busy making eggs. The males are especially active with all of their wing flapping and my animals love them. Even my leopard geckos get the smaller moths.
It looks like they have combs for ears haha

View attachment 355594

Awwww, how long does it usually take you moths to emerge from their cocoons? :).

They are a bit quick about emerging from their cocoons. I’ll say maybe 10 days, more or less. I never really keep track of it. This past/current time it seems like it took no time at all. Sometimes they do have failures, like they don’t form a viable pupae or will just die inside the cocoon for unknown reasons. Occasionally they will get trapped and can’t escape the cocoon.

View attachment 355594

Yeah but I haven't had luck with keeping the moths alive long so ....down Spikes hatch they go! 🤣

They are a bit quick about emerging from their cocoons. I’ll say maybe 10 days, more or less. I never really keep track of it. This past/current time it seems like it took no time at all. Sometimes they do have failures, like they don’t form a viable pupae or will just die inside the cocoon for unknown reasons. Occasionally they will get trapped and can’t escape the cocoon.
This one was around 10-14 days. I've had some come out just fine. Some came out with no wings. Some can't escape their own cocoon. It's crazy. I haven't really done much to get deep into it though. I'm sure I could be doing more. I try to keep them as caterpillars as long as possible. Spike likes to eat them when they're really big lol

This one was around 10-14 days. I've had some come out just fine. Some came out with no wings. Some can't escape their own cocoon. It's crazy. I haven't really done much to get deep into it though. I'm sure I could be doing more. I try to keep them as caterpillars as long as possible. Spike likes to eat them when they're really big lol
I hope the ones that cocooned will emerge but no luck yet 😩
But I love silkworms as they just grow at a steady rate and never get to big for my girl to eat unlike hornworms :)

Back
Top Bottom