Silkworms?

litahudak

How cold can silkworms tolerate? Last night I accidentally left them outside and it dropped to 61 and they're dead. I know that you can keep the cooler and they won't move.. These things won't move PERIOD! Sat them by my refridgerator for a couple hours.. Nothing, not even when you poke them. So how cool is too cool?

That and I have a 2 month old male veiled who is finally recovering from being sick with some nasty parasites and he was refusing crickets. So ordered some more silks and trying reptiworms for the first time (hope he likes them!)

i keep my silks at room temp i would think they wouldnt do well much below 70 but thats just a hunch..

How cold can silkworms tolerate? Last night I accidentally left them outside and it dropped to 61 and they're dead. I know that you can keep the cooler and they won't move.. These things won't move PERIOD! Sat them by my refridgerator for a couple hours.. Nothing, not even when you poke them. So how cool is too cool?

That and I have a 2 month old male veiled who is finally recovering from being sick with some nasty parasites and he was refusing crickets. So ordered some more silks and trying reptiworms for the first time (hope he likes them!)

Unlike hornworms, they cannot be refrigerated an kept cool to prolong growth.

Back
Top Bottom