Size/ color/ cage things

nguyenhoangkhoi

Hi, I have my very first chameleon for 4 months now, and i still have some questions that i really confused.

Mine is a Male Veiled chameleon
He is 6 months age

I feed him locusts and he only likes to eat locusts, some of my friend said he is so small for a 6 months age chameleon. I not so sure, I tried to feed him some other bug but he dont want to, just eat locusts.

Whenever he is in the cage, is always dark, im just rebuild the cage for 3,4 days, maybe its new for him I guess. When I bring him out, he change the color very fast and he is really handsome then lol.

Im so confused for my very first chameleon:( :(

image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    323.7 KB · Views: 156
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    220.2 KB · Views: 114
Okay good! His casque looks a little suspicious, that's why I asked.

First, your enclosure needs more foliage. Live plants are better than fake, but whatever you can get in there is fine for now.

Also, what are the plants in the enclosure? Veileds will nibble and even eat the leaves off plants. So, if they are not a species of plant that is safe, I would remove them sooner than later.

What are the temps in his enclosure both basking and ambient?

Okay good! His casque looks a little suspicious, that's why I asked.

First, your enclosure needs more foliage. Live plants are better than fake, but whatever you can get in there is fine for now.

Also, what are the plants in the enclosure? Veileds will nibble and even eat the leaves off plants. So, if they are not a species of plant that is safe, I would remove them sooner than later.

What are the temps in his enclosure both basking and ambient?

The plants are grass and polisias (im not sure the name in english)

And the temperature is about 29C ambient and 32-34C basking

Back
Top Bottom