sleeping with mouth open?!?

bigfink909

Dory is currently sleeping with her mouth open. Is this something to be concerned with? i feel i should also note that she is sleeping in a weird position tonight.

That is not normal sleeping behavior. Can you hear any weird breathing noises coming out of her mouth?

not when its just gaped open. But unfortunately, she has just now started doing the gasping behavior she does when she has an RI :( i am really hoping she will stop tomorrow morning, in the past three months she has already had 2 RI's. she hasn't done any of this gapping or gasping all day.

Oh gosh, I though you were the person with the cham with the RI from before but was not sure. Then you are familiar with them. I don't think it is a good sign that she is sleeping like that. I can't imagine any other reason she would be doing it other than she is not getting enough air. I hope I am wrong. Have you come to a conclusion as to why she is getting them? Is there anything in your set up that was causing them before? Did you rectify the problem???

why she was getting them before is still a mystery to us. we went over her whole set up and our apartment setting and feeding and watering schedule with our vet and she couldn't figure anything out either. and i think you were right about not enough air, she readjusted herself and the gapping/gasping has now completely stopped. i think its time we upgrade to some larger branches because she has been sleeping really strange lately, its a new pose every night.

Back
Top Bottom